chapter 6

As the sun had begun to rise and fill the once dark blue sky with fantastical shades of pastel red, orange and purple, Ouma found himself awake and very much so bored. Everyone was still blissfully asleep, leaving Ouma completely alone. He was tempted to wake Saihara, who had managed to entangle himself in Kokichis blanket, but then again, he figured he didn't want to open that pandora's box this early in the morning. 

That left Rantaro, as Kaede would just straight up slap the smaller boy for interrupting her beauty sleep. Kokichi wouldn't mind spending some quality time with Rantaro. They hadn't been hanging out as much as they used too, which upset Kokichi more than he let on.

 All of this boy drama was driving him crazy. 

He figured that he and Rantaro could spend the night together at his mom's. He's the only one who Kokichi could trust around his mom, especially after what happened...

Suddenly, Kokichi remembered whose house he was at. Shuichi Saihara's house. He was at his crushes house! He suddenly felt the unhealthy urge to snoop around and steal whatever best suited his obsession. Kokichi felt his body heat up as he departed from the others, silent as a mouse. He had brought his camera as well. 

He doubted anyone would wake up and catch the boy at 6:55 am anyway. Walking down the dimed hallway, he opened each door individually. There were three doors down the basement corridor, but Kokichi was only interested in one. Shuichi Saihara's room

It wasn't at all what he expected. 

The walls were mostly bare aside from the occasional poster, and the bed had plain white sheets. Fully entering the room, It felt alien in comparison to Saihara's personality. Digging through his wardrobe, he found a picture hidden in his undergarment compartment (not before pocketing some of his boxers, of course). It was of his... parents? They were actors, if Kokichi remembered correctly. Of course they were beautiful people, his father having wavy raven hair and his mother styling straight white hair. But, why was this hidden? And where are they now?

"Saihara Kun..." Kokichi muttered to himself, unexpected sympathy entering his voice.  Sighing, he returned everything to its rightful place. He wondered if his bedsheets smelled like him. 

"What are you doing in here?" A familiar, too calm voice snapping Kokichi out of his trance. 

"S-Saihara Kun!" Kokichi exclaimed, his face whitening with fear. how is he supposed to justify being in here?! Oh God, I'm going to die!

"Y'know, there's a reason why I hadn't wanted anyone to enter this godforsaken room, Ouma," Saihara said in calm conviction. This absolutely terrified Kokichi. Saihara's silent, patient anger was something to be feared. 

"I-I'm s-sorry..." Kokichi stuttered, looking down at his feet. Saihara walked forward. 

"It's fine. There's no reason to be frightened now, is there? I'm not mad. It's just I..." Saihara had walked impossibly close to the shorter boy, practically towering over him. Kokichi could feel his hands physically shake, yet he wanted whatever Saihara could give him, albeit good or bad. 

Instead of punishing the smaller boy, Saihara merely buried his head into Kokichis shoulder, wrapping his arms around his waist. 

"I hope that you didn't snoop around too much. There's a reason why this place is abandoned." Saihara muttered plainly, his voice muffled in the soft fabric of Kokichi's shirt. Kokichi swallowed hard and awkwardly embraced the taller boy. 

"O-of course not..."   

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------