The Third Task

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter in any way, shape or form

Fred POV

Harry was pale, and shaking. Fred could feel him shuddering as they sat at the breakfast table, the morning of the Third and final Triwizard Tournament Task. Fred was nervous, and had a strong feeling he too was pale. An uneasy feeling had settled in the pit of his stomach from the moment he woke up that morning. Harry would be facing unimaginable dangers in that Maze, creatures and jinxes that were made to be challenging for a seventeen year old witch or wizard. Merlin knows what Hagrid had put in that Maze, he thinks dragons are cute and cuddly! On the positive side of things, Fred knew that Harry was well-prepared. He had mastered both offensive and defensive hexes, jinxes and Charms, learnt the names of many creatures that could be considered dangerous, and had improved massively on his weaker points such as riddles and recognising bewitched objects. Despite all this, Fred still wasn't feeling too confident. Harry's nerves have never got the better of him, but Fred seemed to be the only one that noticed the change in his posture, or the way he holds his wand, when he is nervous, which affects his aim. "Oi, Fred, wake up!" George said, elbowing him in the ribs. "Ouch! Sorry, dosed off." He said with a forced, lopsided grin. George gave him a short, suspicious look. Tell me later. Fred nodded slightly, so only George would notice. Their 'twin speak' had its uses. Meanwhile, Harry was shaking more and more by the minute. "You good?" Fred asked quietly, nudging him slightly. Harry nodded stiffly. "Yeah, just nervous." He said with a small smile. "I'm sure you'll do great, Harry!" Hermione exclaimed. "You're really well-prepared, you'll only have to focus a bit more than you're used to." Harry, again, nodded; his face turned a slight green colour. "Yeah, you'll be great, mate. You're already in first place with Cedric, so you're ahead before you've even started!" Ron said, smiling at the younger boy. Fred grabbed Harry's shaking hand. "Yeah, he'll be fine. POTTER FOR THE WIN!" Fred shouted as loud as he could, yanking Harry's hand victoriously into the air. This was met with cheers from the Gryffindor and about half of Ravenclaw tables, polite applause from the Hufflepuffs, and boos from the Slytherins. "Mr Weasley, however much you want to encourage Mr Potter, that is not necessary." McGonagall said as she walked past, although her face ghosted a smile. Fred grinned goofily at her, nerves momentarily disappeared. "Sorry, Minnie. Harry here is a little nervous, that's all." McGonagall almost almost smiled, despite Fred calling her 'Minnie'. Once she had walked away, Fred turned back to Harry and kissed him on top of his head. Thankfully, the raven-haired boy wasn't shaking as much, and his face had regained some colour. "Relax, Harrykins." He said, giving Harry's shoulders an encouraging shake. "Eat some breakfast, you'll need all the energy you can get. Also, I don't care what you say, you're not going to class today. We're gonna practise all day." Harry nodded, smiling thankfully at Fred. "No, you can't! You'd get in so much trouble!" Hermione exclaimed. Fred wagged his finger and grinned at her. "Actually, Hermyown, we'd only get told off if we got caught." He said, flashing the map and the cloak that was tucked under his shirt. Harry smiled a little. "And what about when teachers notice that Harry's missing from lessons?" She said. "That's where the real fun begins." George said. Fred looked over at his twin as the latter lifted his school bag onto the table, opened it, and showed Hermione what was inside. "NO WAY. Absolutely no way! You can't! If anyone finds out... you'd be expelled!" Ron gawped in amazement at the inside of George's bag. "You three are mental." Fred, George and Harry just grinned.

Half an hour later, the five of them were stood in an empty classroom. Ron looked amazed, Hermione had an unreadable expression, Harry looked totally dumbfounded and George... George looked exactly like Harry. "This is weird. I'm too short. No offence, Harry." George said, in his now over-large robes. Fred snickered. "You look beautiful, darling." He said to his twin, who glared at him with a small smile. Harry gave George a set of his own school robes. "You'll need those. You'll have to deal with your own shoes, though. I don't have a spare pair." George took the robes and nodded. Hermione left the room as George changed out of his school robes. He undid the first three buttons of his school shirt, then hesitated. "Harry, are you sure?" Fred looked over at the real Harry, who looked slightly apprehensive. "Take the shirt off. I wanna check something." George complied, and Harry walked around so he could look at the back. "Yep, you're good." He said with a bright smile. Fred gave Harry a curious look as the latter took his hand. "I've never seen my back before. It's weird." Ron and the twins laughed as George put on Harry's robes.