Weasley's Wizard Wheezes

I'm not dead. Onward...

Fred POV:

Fred sighed as he woke up the next morning. Looking around the room, he saw he was the first to wake up, and the sky was still dark. He tried to get back to sleep but, after numerous failed attempts, he swung his long legs over the edge of the bed and padded barefooted over to George. "Oi, Gred. Wake up." George merely groaned and turned away from his brother. "George! Get up!" Fred whisper-shouted, shaking George's shoulder. The sleeping redhead batted his hand away. "Ugh, you clotpole!" Fred grumbled under his breath. Fred walked back over to his own bed and retrieved one of the pillows, whacking it as hard as he could on George's head. "Ow! Fred!" George shouted, causing Lee to roll over and grunt in his sleep. "Oi, you idiot, shut up!" George, still rubbing the side of his head, sat up in his bed. "Wassup? Wha' time is it?" Fred glanced at the small clock on his bedside table. "Three o'clock. Now, I'm gonna tell Harry our leaving plans today." At this, George's full attention was on his brother, all tiredness gone. Fred could see the urgency in his eyes. "No. We can't let anyone overhear. We can't even run the risk. If anyone hears, or if harry tells someone and others hear and then the old toad finds out, we're screwed for sure. It's not worth the risk." George whisper-shouted, following Fred's semi-quiet lead. Fred laid a hand on his brother's shoulder. "Listen, I can't just abandon him without warning. Not when he's got Umbridge, OWLs, the press and You-Know-Who to deal with. It's not fair on him." George sighed and thought fro a second before looking Fred in the face and nodding. "Alright, tell him, but make sure you're alone." Fred chuckled. "Yes, yes, I know. Now go to sleep, clotpole." As Fred settled back down into his own bed, he heard George murmur. "What the hell is a clotpole?"

Breakfast that morning was a strange ordeal. Fred knew that Harry was suspicious of him, because he kept shooting him confused looks across the table. Fred's leg jiggled nervously and George's hands fidgeted with the hem of his shirt. Eventually, Hermione had had enough. "Oh, for goodness sakes, what is the matter with you two this morning? I've never heard you to be so quiet in your life!" Fred opened his mouth to explain, but George grabbed his arm, leaning in to whisper in his ear. "Not here. Too many people." Fred was about to motion Harry outside when the bell rang for first lesson. All groaning, they stood from the table. Fred walked casually next to Harry, but passed him a note as they linked hands.

Harry POV:

Potions. Merlin, Harry had never been so bored in his life. Snape had been going on and on for what felt like hours about healing potions. Harry was trying to take notes, but he hadn't got much sleep last night so he kept nodding off. He only managed to stay awake because of Hermione's constant note. About half an hour into the class (which was theory based), Harry remembered the note that Fred had passed to him in the corridor. When Snape turned around to write something on the board, Harry took it out of his trouser pocket and read:
Portrait of Sirs Leon and Gwaine, 10 o'clock
Harry didn't even know there was a portrait of the two knights, not where it was. He nudged Hermione's shoulder. "You haven't by any chance heard of Sir Leon and Sir Gwaine, have you?" He asked. Hermione paused momentarily and glanced up from her frantic note-taking. "How is that relevant?" She whispered back. Harry shrugged. "Came across them when doing some homework. They were only mentioned, you see." Hermione glanced at him again. "They're marked as Knights of the Round Table in the Arthurian Legend. They were supposedly around when Merlin himself was. There's a portrait of them on the Fourth Floor, next to the old Charms classroom." Harry nodded, Hermione having satisfied his thoughts. "Thanks." He whispered, just as Snape turned back around from the board.

The rest of the day went by fairly smoothly, to say the least. Harry had managed to keep his head down and nose buried in his book during DADA, so he didn't receive another detention. Fred and George were missing from lunch, which struck Harry as highly odd. Hermione spent the entire time babbling on about S.P.E.W, so Ron and Harry played a game of Exploding Snap, making noises of agreement every thirty seconds or so. Hermione didn't notice. All too soon, it was time for Harry's second to last detention with Umbridge. With a jolt, Harry remembered he had to meet Fred at ten o'clock. He intended on finishing his detention as soon as possible.