The Dream

Sorry for the delay, I had a bit of writers block. *insert usual disclaimer*. Onward...

Harry POV

Harry jerked awake, tangling himself in the covers as he did so. The image of the long, black corridor was rapidly fading from his mind as he took in his surroundings. He was at Grimmauld Place. He was sharing a room with Fred and George. He has not been expelled from Hogwarts. He-. "Harry." Harry jumped, turning towards the sound. Everything was a blur, so he scooped up his glasses from the bedside table and rammed them onto his face. The room was dimly lit by the two wands in front of him. As the things in front of him came into focus, he recognised two faces, exactly identical. "Fred." He said at the closest identical face. "Are you alright, Harry?" Fred asked. Harry nodded, taking deep breaths in an attempt to steady his racing heart. "Are you sure? Scared us a bit there, mate. We couldn't wake you up. I was about to go and get Sirius." George said. Again, Harry nodded. "Yeah. Just- just a bad dream about he Third Task." Harry had a feeling that the twins didn't believe him. Thankfully, George retreated to his bed without any further questioning, and Fred pulled him into a warm, comforting hug. Harry rested his head on Fred's chest and continued to breathe deeply. He might not sleep again tonight, he could tell Fred about the dream once George was snoring again. He felt bad for lying, but a long, dark corridor that was strangely familiar is harder to explain than the Third Task. Even so, Harry let Fred's steady heartbeat soothe him. Lifting his head off of Fred's chest, he glanced up to meet his boyfriend's eyes. The sapphire blue irises, concern and anxiousness forged by the events of the night, glistened by the moonlight streaming through the windows and reflected through the moisture in them. Harry gazed back down at him, feeling nothing but love for the redhead he adored so much.

"Do you want to lay back down?" Fred asked quietly, so only Harry could hear. Harry nodded, and Fred guided him back to the bed, tugging the covers up and around the pair of them. Harry snuggled against Fred's chest and continued to listen to his heartbeat. "What was the dream about?" Harry tensed slightly, so Fred rubbed soothing circles on his back. Harry listened carefully. Thankfully, all he could hear was George lightly snoring from the next bed. Thanking Merlin for blessing George with quick sleeping, he explained to Fred about the corridor, what it looked like, how it was oddly familiar, and how it made his scar prickle. "It's strange. I don't know how I've seen it before, but I know I have." He concluded. Fred sighed and tugged Harry closer to him. "Maybe it's just some sort of trauma from the Third Task. I can't explain how you've seen it before, but the Third Task might have something to do with it. Do you want me to get Mum? See if she has anything for your scar?" Harry shook his head. His scar was barely prickling, now that he had explained the dream to Fred. Surprisingly, it made him feel better, more relaxed, when he spoke about what he had seen.

Fred rolled over onto his back, temporarily letting go of Harry until the younger boy rested his head on Fred's chest. Harry wrapped his arm around Fred's waist, running his free hand through the flaming red hair. He let Fred's slow, deep breaths soothe him. Fred fell asleep before him, his low, gentle snores vibrating in his chest. Harry chuckled silently. He'd never heard Fred snore before. His thoughts were drawn away from the dream as he listened with amusement as Fred and George's snores fell in sync. They inhaled, then exhaled, together. He let the sound relax him as he finally fell into a doze.

The same dream about the long, black corridor continued to plague him for the next few nights. Every time he woke up, Fred and George would be at the door of his bed, wands lit. After making sure he was alright, George would retreat to his own bed; Harry and Fred would stay awake for another half hour while Harry recalled the dream. It was the same every night, but Fred always listened and gave his opinion on the recurring nightmare. It was only after three days of the relentless taunting that Harry decided to speak to Sirius about it, after much badgering from Fred and Hermione. "You have to tell him, he's your godfather!" Fred has exclaimed one sunny afternoon, while the twins, Harry, Ron and Hermione were all sat in the drawing room. "Fred's right, Harry, you can't keep it from him. He cares about you, we all do, but you should talk to him about it." Hermione had said. Harry recalled thinking about how smart Hermione could be, but also how stupid. "I can't. He'll go to Dumbledore, and he has enough on his mind." He said. Harry was adamant that Sirius wouldn't find out, at least not from him. "Well, if you don't tell him, then we will. He needs to know, mate." Ron said, crossing his arms over his chest. Harry sighed. "Fine. But if he goes to Dumbledore, just know I will hate you forever." The four people in from of him just smiled.