Chapter 2: The Rescue

(Y/N) POV:

Both Asia and I were heading to the elementary school that was a couple miles from us. As I drove through the burning and chaos streets There was no sign of those undead freaks as I drove passed each street, it wa like they were sleeping or something, but I had to keep my guards up if we meet a small group.

(Y/N): Asia, I need you to stay in the car while I go and get Latina out of the school.

Asia: Okay, but d you know what classroom she's in?

(Y/N): I do, she's in class 2-C

As we reached the school, the gate had been locked but not only that there were at least thirteen corpses walking around till they turned to our direction as I stepped innthe breaks.

(Y/N): Just great, hey Asia-

Asia: Do it.

(Y/N): Okay, hold onto something, cause this is about to get bumpy!

I moved the stick into reverse as I back up far enough till I turned it into fourth gear running them over and breaking through the gates. I then stepped in the breaks as I moved the gear to the middle and turned off the engine. I looked at the school to see that all the lights were off and the doors were closed. I was about to get out of the car till I turned my head as Asia had her phone out looking at her pictures of her friends.

(Y/N): You okay?

Asia: Do you think anyone survived at the school?

(Y/N): With panic like that, I doubt anyone survived. *I wouldn't care at all, you and Latina are the ones I need to worry about*

Asia: I see...

(Y/N): I'm sorry, I know they were your friends.

Asia: It's okay, (Y/N) you think mom and dad are okay?

(Y/N): Mom's a skilled military soldier and dad can make any cool invention. So yeah, I'm sure they're fine.

I was about to once again get out of the car till Asia's phone started ringing as she picked it up.

Asia: Hello.

(Y/N): Put it on speaker.

Mom: (Y/N)!!

Asia: Mom!

Mom: Asia, is (Y/N) there!?

Asia: Yeah, he's here.

Mom: (Y/N) you need to head home and lock yourselves there.

(Y/N): We left, Latina is still at school.

Mom: What?! It's dangerous. You can't make it their on foot.

(Y/N): Who said we we're walking?

Mom: Are you-... Is he driving my van!

Asia: Yes, but it's the only way to get Latina.

Mom: Fine. There's a gun above you and some extra ammunition in the glove compartment. But that won't help you, these things are tough.

(Y/N): Had a back up plan too.

Mom: He went in my closet?

Asia: And the basement as well.

Mom: You do know those weapons are nothing but prototypes! You're father was close to completing his work.

(Y/N): I know! But it's worth a shot in case we run out of ammunition. Dad's prototype weapons are my backup, backup plan.

Mom: Be careful. Don't do anything stupid you hear me.

(Y/N): Will do.

Mom: Make sure both-