Why do I enjoy Creepypasta so much?

Hello my fans and friends, I just wanted to dedicate a part of this book to explaining my infatuation with these made up characters.

As you may know, I am a horror lover as well as an artist.

I have been apart of the creepypasta fandom for years and each year I learn to love them even more as I start to learn new things, and discover myself.

I walked into the doors of the creepypasta fandom when my sister showed me them, My sister loved them at the time and I learned to love them as well.

Over the years my sister lost interest in them and sadly so did I...

From time to time I would find myself reading a new creepypasta story or listening to a creepypasta inspired song, but I never went back to the fandom. 

Earlier this month I was on youtube, Listening to music when I remembered that there was a playlist dedicated to songs that reminded me  and many others of creepy pastas. 

I decided to give the playlist a listen, Memories came flooding back to me like never before and I fell in love with the characters all over again. 

Later into the playlist one of my favorite songs If you knew, By Sew Intricate came on. 

I couldn't help but cry, Over the years many things have changed, some for the better and some for the worse. That song reminded me of a simpler time were nothing really mattered and song lyrics were just words sung by some random person with a pretty voice.

I then realized how much I could relate to the characters,

...

Jeff was bullied 

Sally was raped 

BEN was drowned 

 Hoodie was betrayed

 L.J was abandoned 

 E.J was a sacrifice 

 Lost Silver was forgotten 

Liu's love was taken away from him 

Masky couldn't help his disorder

Toby couldn't help his ticks

Suicidal Sadie was abused

Clockwork lost her sanity.

...

These are only a handful of characters with a tragic Backstory.

When I was little I couldn't understand any of these concepts. 

Now that I'm older, I not only understand them, but have been put through most of them.

I realized this group of made up, insane, crazy, creepy, murderous, killers.

Are just people.

Sure, they did things, but its because they have mental disorders, It's not like they did them just to do it. They did it because of their disorders. 

Some of these fictional characters have saved my life and I really appreciate being in the fandom.

In time I may not be  into the fandom anymore, but I will never forget about these amazing characters. 

...

Thank you Jeff, for always smiling for us.

Thank you BEN, for saving our files, though they may be haunted.

Thank you, Clockwork for being strong.

Thank you sally, for being adorable, and for standing up for what's right.

Thank you Masky, for reminding us how dangerous addiction is.

Thank you hoodie, for teaching us how it is wrong to betray people.

Thank you Laughing jack, for still being happy, despite being abandoned.

Thank you Suicidal Sadie for avenging abused children. 

Thank you EJ for being an amazing medical student and for being strong.

Thank you Toby for being the waffle loving maniac you are.

Thank you Liu, for sticking up for Jeff.

Thank you SeedEater for being E.j's Companion

Thank you smile dog for being Jeffs companion.

Thank you Grinny cat for being Janes companion.

Thank you Jane for standing up for what is right.

Thank you Kagekao for Laughing through the pain with us.

Thank you all creepypasta characters that have helped me through certain events in my life, you guys are made up but I don't care, You guys are amazing and I really enjoy your stories and characters. 

       Stay spooky

            -MellifluousDreams.