Brothers best friend

"No" I said to my best friend as we walked into the house, "you almost drove into the tree, your lucky I was there" I giggled and shook my head, "I very well did not" as we walked into the living room I shook my head to see my twin brother and his best friends in there playing a game.

"Okay out" I said as they all turned their heads to look at me, "and tell me why I would do that" Sam asked and I smiled sweetly at him, "because I have a study date in ten minutes" this is when his friend Hayes perked up, "oh for real?" Hayes asked.

I nodded, "well mom said we had to stay downstairs, but him and I will gladly study in my room" I said, testing him "no no, we'll go upstairs" Sam said, "wouldn't want you pregnant" I rolled my eyes and flipped him off.

———
"Okay then you'll take this number here, bring it to the other side by canceling it out here" I said as Clayton followed my fingers, "right" he said doing it to the equation he had on his paper, "you put it on this side with the opposite sign, because that is how you were able to cancel it out" he nodded slowly.

That's when Sam and Hayes came down laughing louder than the music he was playing upstairs, "guys" I said and gave them a look, "what's up" Sam said, "can you quite down, trying to teach here" Hayes looked up from the ground.

They went to the kitchen area, which wasn't blocked off so they could see us, "after, since you don't have anything behind it like an x or anything you're going-" Clayton stopped me "confused" I asked.

He shook his head, "he's been watching us since he came down here" I looked up to see Hayes take his eyes away from us, "yeah he likes to look out for his best friends sister" Clayton shook his head.

"I really don't think that's it" I looked at him weird, "what do you mean?" I said, I've always had a crush on Hayes, I always thought maybe it was the whole, my older brothers friend, even though he is only seven minutes older, like everyone has a crush on at least one of their older brothers friends right? 

"Like he jealous that I'm sitting this close to you, or talking to you, or maybe that your leg is touching mine" I looked at our legs to see that my knee was touching his, "oh sorry" I went to move it but he put his hand on my thigh.

"You remember when I asked you to tutor me and I said I was going to find something to thank you with" I nodded slowly and he smiled at me, "I know what it is now" I gave him a weird look.

"And that is?" He giggled, "that dude is going to be your boyfriend soon" I went wide eyed, "what?" I asked, "Well you like him yes? That's who you and Candice we're talking about at lunch no?" I nodded slowly.

We may have been talking about the fact he was wearing my brothers shirt because he stayed over last night and she pointed out that I wore it last week and I went to say that he looks hot in it and everything and that's when Clayton sat beside us.

"Okay, so let me do my thing" I took a deep breath and nodded, after our little whispered session he smiled at me, "I gotta head out to football soon" Clayton said and I nodded, "Okay, do you want to study again at lunch tomorrow?" I asked, we had talk in our normal voice range again.

"Yeah love too, also, you coming to watch the football game tomorrow night?" He asked putting his notebook in his bag, "um.. yeah I think Candice said she wanted to, what's up" I asked and he smiled, "I was wondering if maybe you'd like to get pizza with me after?" I smiled like a little schoolgirl.

"Sure" I said, as we walked to the front door, "cool, I'll see you tomorrow then" I nodded and he kissed my cheek, "act all nervous and stuff, we'll talk when we get pizza" he whispered in my ear and I nodded.

I turned and shut the door, I bit my lower lip and smiled, grabbed my notebook and bag, beginning to walk upstairs "you're not going to sleep with Clayton right" Sam asked and I rolled my eyes, turning around smiling at him "I'm the only one in this house who literally doesn't sleep around, watch it sam" he laughed and Hayes turned to him.

———
"Okay explain, once more" I told Clayton, he laughed, "Okay you and I will be all cute and stuff around what's his name to make him jealous, then you'll know if he likes you or not" I nodded

"And if he does?" I asked, "I'm not so sure about that part yet" I giggled and shook my head "maybe we should find out" he nodded.

The bell rang, telling us we spent our entire lunch talking about how to tell if Hayes likes me or not rather than studying, "Okay I'll see you after the game for pizza, you can teach me math there" I nodded.

I walked to my locker to get my books for my next class to see Hayes there, "hey" I said and he smiled, "so I heard yesterday you were going to pizza with Clayton" I nodded, "after the game, we're gonna study" I said smiling.

He looked to the ground then back at me, "well he might have ask you or whatever this but since it's homecoming, the guys are all giving someone their extra jersey that we don't use, I was wondering if you'd wear mine?" I smiled.

"Really?" He nodded, "if you aren't wearing Clayton's" I shook my head, "no, um.. I think he's letting his younger sister wear his" Hayes smiled.

"Yeah I know you always wear sams, I thought maybe you'd like to change it up" I giggled and nodded, "I'd love too"

———

"And he gave me his jersey to wear" I told Clayton as he laughed, " oh he has a mad crush on you" I froze, "what makes you think that" I asked, Clayton had called me after school to check up on our plans and everything and that's when he asked about Hayes and my hallway conversation he saw.

"Because us guys only give our jerseys to a girl if we like her, since She sprays the jersey with her perfume and everything it smells like her" my heart melted, "but I always wear sams and you always give yours to your sister" he laughed.

"Because I don't have a crush on anyone, if I did I'd let her wear it" I smiled and looked at Hayes jersey sitting on my bed. "I'm so glad you guys only wear these during the school day, thank god we don't have to wear your practice jersey"

———
Candice and I walked to the bleachers, she smiled as she saw I was wearing Hayes jersey, sam let her wear his because he didn't have anyone to give to me since I took Hayes.

After watching them score and win and everything I went to wait outside the field house for Clayton so we could actually study, Hayes walked out first.

"Hey, you and Clayton need a ride?" I shook my head, "he may not even want to go actually, I might just go home, watch a movie" I said and he smiled.

"Well you know if he doesn't go, you can always text me and I'm down to watch a movie with you" I smiled, "Wait didn't the boys have a party planned" he shrugged, "I'd rather hang with you" I blushed and smiled.

"Aye y/n, I'm going to hit this party, text me tomorrow and we'll meet for lunch" Clayton said and winked at me and Hayes, I didn't think Hayes noticed. "Guess I'll take you up on that offer"

———
"But she loves him" I said, pointing to the random movie we put in, I had cried at the ending, she ending up with a completely different person when she loved another man.

"It's alright, I'm sure she was happy with him also" Hayes said rubbing my back, we were cuddled up on my bed eating popcorn, nobody else was home.

Sam was at the party and my parents were away, "I just couldn't live with myself if I went my entire life with the man I didn't love" he giggled, "I would regret not telling him, not kissing him" he nodded.

"Yeah I guess that would feel horrible" he said and I nodded, "could you imag-" I was cut off by him kissing me.

He held my cheeks as I kissed back, "I like you, a lot" he said after, I smiled and kissed him "oh thank god" he laughed.

"I thought Clayton and I were going to have to keep up that flirting act to find out you didn't like me after all" Hayes laughed, "what act?"