#6

Blurb: First Public Kiss

Being with Tom had been the best time of your life so far, but it had also been the most stressful. With Tom's career taking off and your relationship getting a lot more attention in the past few weeks, you didn't seem to catch a break from paparazzi and fans everywhere you went. Whenever you were at home in England, everything seemed to be fine, in the states however, different story.

Saturday night meant that it was date night, which also meant that you had to leave the safety of your own four walls. You loved spending time with Tom and going out on dates with him, but recently something about going out scared you and stressed you out a lot more than it should.

"Are you okay, Darling?" Tom asked as he handed you your jacket so you could leave the restaurant you had your dinner in.

"Just a bit stressed out. I feel like there are going to be some paps out there." You shrugged as Tom placed a kiss on your forehead, already managing to calm you down a little.

You were never one for much PDA, but it was nice to finally be open about your relationship. You went from being friends to being more in quite a span of time and you didn't mind dating behind closed doors, but officially dating Tom definitely had its perks - but also a downside that you had a hard time dealing with.

Tom's hand was intertwined with yours as you left the restaurant. It was only a ten minute walk to the Hotel you had been staying is so the two of you had decided that it wasn't necessary to catch an Uber or a cab, which was a big mistake, because somehow the word had gotten out about Tom's whereabouts which meant that not only Paps but also fans where suddenly surrounding you as you grip around Tom's hand tightened.

You knew his fans never meant to make Tom and you feel that uncomfortable and it was the first time that you had been mobbed like this, but you felt your heart starting to race as you slowly but surely started to panic.

"Guys! I'd appreciate it if you all would take a step back, because this is a bit too much right now." Tom spoke up as everyone around him seemed to actually listen to him, but that's when the real thing started.

The Paparazzi were throwing in questions left and right as his fans had their phones out to try and get the best picture of you and him.

"Fucking step back right now." Tom shouted again, this time a lot more angry as he realised how scared you were. He loved his job and he loved his fans, but he loved you a lot more and seeing you like this pissed him off.

"Babe, I'm here. Look at me." You felt his hand on you cheek, making you open your eyes to be greeted by the brown Puppy Eyes of your boyfriend that were full of concern.

He had put himself infront of you, putting some space between you and the other people around you, tuning out all the shouts and screams coming from all side.

"Look at me. You're okay, Love." He smiled as your hands still couldn't seem to shake.

"I-I just wanna go home." You smiled, your voice still shaking after everything that happened in the past few minutes.

"Your wish is my command." Tom smiled as he placed a soft kiss on your lips that somehow seemed to calm you down a lot more than you thought.

With Tom by your side you felt safe, because you knew that he would always stand up for you and put himself in the line of fire just to protect you. Squeezing the boy's hand you looked up for the first time since all the people had surrounded you and you were pretty surprised to see that the had all taken a few steps back to give you the space you needed.

You were sure pictures and videos of everything that had happened and especially of you kissing in public for the first time would be plastered all over the internet within the next three minutes, but you knew you would be fine as long as Tom was there to comfort you in your time of horror.