#7

Blurbs: Soulmate AU / The first words your soulmate speaks every day are written on your arm.

You thought that living in a world where Soulmates were a real thing would mean that you were in a loving relationship by the time you turned 21. You were wrong, so wrong, because the only loving relationship you had was the relationship with your best friend.

In your world, finding your soulmate wasn't as easy as you wished it would be. By the time you turned 20, every morning, a tattoo of your soulmate's first words of that day were tattooed on your wrist.

Some found out their current partner was their true love on the day of their 20th birthday when they woke up next to each other, other's found out their partner wasn't their soulmate which usually ended up in them separating immediately, because what was the point of being with someone who wasn't the best option for you, right?

And other's, like you, just didn't find their soulmate at all, because they never woke up next to someone to find out if they had found their best match.

Recently, your words had been appearing at weird times, which made you assume that whoever was your soulmate seemed to be either traveling, working weird shifts or just a complete weirdo with a fucked up sleeping schedule. Today they had appeared at 2pm for you.

Looking at your wrist you couldn't help but let out a laugh as you read the single word: Fuck.

You were quite conscious about your first word of the day because you didn't want your soulmate wandering around with some stupid thing you blurted out half asleep, your soulmate on the other hand didn't seem to care.

Today was a special day, it was the day Tom was finally coming back home after touring the world for the Avengers Presstour. He had been flying all around the world and living his best life while you stayed at home and mostly took care of his dog and your education.

Tom had been your best friends since you were 12 and he was your everything. Of course you had thought about Tom being your soulmate, but if he really was, wouldn't you have found a way together already? If two people were meant to be, the universe would put them together immediately, right?

You could only wish for Tom to be your soulmate and the only evidence that he could be was that somehow the times the tattoos appeared seemed to match the timezone he was in, but you didn't think much of it, because surely you had heard Tom's first words of the day at some point in your friendship, right?

You had tons of sleepovers when you were teenagers, but with Tom traveling and working a lot, you mostly spent the evenings together before you went to your own place to catch some sleep. You were never the first person he talked to, because even if you spent the night at his place, he was usually gone by the time you woke up.

There had been a lot of things tattooed on your wrist, but never something that confirmed that Tom was your Soulmate.

At some point you started wearing a bracelet to cover the tattoos, just so no one would see them and question you about who your match was, because you yourself had no fucking clue who the person was.

You hadn't seen Tom's tattoos either. He usually covered it with his clothes or his watch, and to be fair, you really didn't want to know, because what would it mean for your little crush you had on him? What if you really weren't his Soulmate? And what if he already found his perfect match? You were cool with living in denial if it meant that you still had Tom by your side.

Speaking of Tom, you felt your heart almost burst when you saw him walk through his front door. He had given you a key to his house before he left so you could take care of Tessa, which resulted in you moving into his spare room and terminate your own flat lease.

"It's stupid of you to pay for your apartment when you could just move in with me." - Tom had told you only a few days before he left for the states and you agreed with him, because why would you say no to living with Tom?

"Honey, I'm home." He grinned at you as you jumped up from your comfy seat on the couch.

"Welcome home." You smiled as you jumped into his arms.

Wrapping his arms around you, you felt really at home for the first time since you had moved in to his place. Was it really meant to feel like that when somewhere out there was someone who was your Soulmate?

"I fucking missed you." Tom mumbled into the crook of your neck, still showing no signs of wanting to let go of you.

"You're here now, though, that's all that counts." You smiled as he let you back on the ground, giving Tessa the chance to greet her second favourite human.

"Have you moved all you things in?" He grinned at you from where he had crouched down to pet the dog.

"Tom, it's been three months, yes I have." You laughed as Tom's eyes widened.

"Three months?"

"Time flies when you're having the time of your life, movie star." You grinned, making him roll his eyes.

"I take back that I missed you."

It took you a few hours to catch up with everything you had been up to when Tom decided that it was time for him to go to bed since he hadn't slept a lot on his flight back and since he had like three weeks of sleep to catch up.

When you wandered into the kitchen the next morning everything was the same as usual and at the same time completely different, because you knew that Tom was finally back home.

You were too busy scrolling through your notifications on your phone to hear Tom sneak up behind you which startled you even more when he wrapped his arms around you before placing a kiss on top of your hair.

"I liked it better when you were away." You groaned as you still tried to get your heart to go back to normal.

"Good Morning to you too." He grinned as he walked up to the fridge to get himself some breakfast.

"What did you just say?" You mumbled as you stared at your wrist the tattoo clearly saying:

"Good Morning to you too?" Tom said turning around in confusion to find you staring at your wrist.

Putting two and two together he lifted his own hand just to burst out laughing as he read I liked it better when you were away.

"So, Soulmate, any plans for today?" He grinned at you as he pulled you closer to the point where he couldn't be physically closer to you.

"No, but I'm sure we can find something to do." You whispered as you leaned in for your first kiss with not only your soulmate, but also the boy you had been crushing on for the past four years.

"I like your way of thinking, Soulmate." Tom grinned against you lips, his plans to grab some breakfast long forgotten.