Chapter 4 It's MY decision

I threw on my red flannel , some jean shorts and a tank top as I made my way downstairs for my so called 'meeting ' with them.

Just because I was sitting down with them didn't mean I had to dress up for them. I already did that the last time and it was for absolutely nothing because I didn't even stay that long. So why curl my hair and put on a cute dress this time ?

"Remember to try and be nice." Mom reminded me as she dropped me off at the coffee shop. She insisted to take me to my 'date ' to which I gave her a glare,  made her swear not to refer to it as such , and then agreed to her taking me.

"Yes mom , I know. Dad already layed down the law for me or whatever. " I said , unbuckling my seatbelt and getting out.

I closed the door behind me , seeing Ethan sitting at a booth in the back.
Seeing me make my way towards  him, he stood up and gave a forced smile ,that much I could tell.

"Hey ." I said , trying to be on my 'best behavior ' as he gave me a stiff "hey" back,  sliding into the booth across from me. We sat in an awkward silience,  picking at the menu - still waiting on Jacob - as Ethan tried to be 'funny '

"So , where's your pretty dress ?" He said, laughing at his own joke.

Seriously? 

"Oh I'm sorry , I didn't feel the need to dress up for you today. " I said in a high pitched voice. "Are you kidding me !?" I said , making him stop laughing and look at me.

"Okay,  okay. Chill out princess it was just a joke."

"Princess ? Do I look like a fricking princess to you!?" I said a little louder than I intended to , as he mumbled something about me being my dad's princess to the company or whatever,  under his breath. I gave him a glare that could burn holes into his skull as he just shrugged it off , turning his attention back to his phone.

"I'm here !" An out of breath Jacob said, standing next to us.

"Are you ever on time !?" I said , not meaning to lash out on him because he didn't do anything wrong. But Ethan already peeved me off so I had to explode somewhere.

And unfortunately for him, he was close by.

"I'm sorry , the meeting went on a little longer than I thought " he said,  sliding in next to Ethan - who gave him a weird look at their close proximity -

"YOU were in a meeting? " Ethan said in a surprised tone of disbelief .

"Yes . With my dad being ... um ... stepping down and me taking over I have to learn the ropes. Not everyone is still 19 ETHAN." He said in a snarky tone , making me giggle at their banter.

"Whatever." Ethan said - knowing full well he just got told - as I waved the waitress over.

"What will it be ?" She said , waiting on our answers as I skimmed through the menu again.

"I'll take a Chai Latté please." I said , watching her smile and write it down.

"Coffee , black please." Jacob said , making me sneer at his choice .

"And I'll take a Cappuccino. Hot." Ethan said rudely,  handing her the menu.

I gave him another look before apologizing to the waitress for his behaviour- Just like a child- as she took our orders and left.

"What? " he said defensive, as I gave an irritated sigh.

"You didn't have to be so rude !" I said , ready to full on lash out at him in a WWIII , just in time for Jacob to stop us from killing eachother.