Chapter 26 Uncomfortable

"And did you REALLY have to get me an appointment today? We've literally JUST talked about it over breakfast and now I'm already having to get ready for it ?" I said while stepping out of the shower seeing them waiting for me in my room.

"Well , it was either today or in two weeks."

"I pick two weeks thank you very much."

" Olivia , you know that we would've gotten you there one way or another so why fight it? " Jacob said , making his way around to me.

"Cause NOW , I had to face all THREE of our mother's burning questions and concerns. ' oh Olivia , how are you feeling ?' ' oh Olivia what do you think about it ?' ' oh Olivia ISN'T THIS FRICKING GREAT !? ' " I said aggravated, already regretting the thousands of questions that was heading my way in t-minus 2 hours.

"Good , yes and yes."

"What ?" I asked , scrunching my face up in confusion .

"The answers to their questions. Look , you just have to be yourself. And if they're being overbearing we'll just leave or make up some excuse. Just say the word. "

"I don't want to go." I said blandly.

"Nice try. But you're still going. " Ethan said , walking over to us. And here I thought he was on MY side. Guess not.

"Oh fine! But just so you know , after this you're not bullying me into anything else."

"We'll see about that princess. " he said with a wink , hitting me on the bum before walking out.

"Oooo he's so -"

"Don't act like you didn't like it !" He yelled from downstairs while I couldn't help but smile.

It's true though.

"Okay Rudolph, get dressed . We leave in 15." Jacob said - addressing my blushing state openly - before walking out too.

I decided to dress nice - since we were meeting up with ALL the family - but also comfortable, I wasn't going to some fancy dinner so why burden myself with heels ? Instead ,I dressed in a cute sundress - since Jacob said wearing my Romper wouldn't be practical - and some cute sandles. It was cute , looking like I put a lot of thought into it but also very simple and comfy.

"Olivia?" Jacob called from downstairs while I grabbed my phone from my dresser and ran down stairs.

"I'm here ! I'm ready." I said out of breath.

"You know what we told you about the stairs Liv."

"Yeah, yeah I know. I was just in a hurry. Now can we go please? " I said while Ethan and Jacob just eyed me disapprovingly but thankfully not saying a word. The ride to the doctor's office was very tense and you could practically feel my anxiety laying heavy in the air. The same went for the appointment. I was a nervous wreck while they were seemingly less nervous than I thought they'd be. They basically just sat at the doctor's desk while she drew some blood , ran some tests and basically confirmed what we already knew. That I was pregnant. It was too soon to tell anything else yet , but next week we would know more .

I would've thought they would be so overbearing and protective, not letting me out of their sites. But I guess having a woman as my doctor eased their minds a bit - That's only after they requested that a woman be my doctor and not the male one they assigned me to - but that was beside the point. After I was good to go and got my list of do's and don'ts , we were back in that miserable atmosphere in the car heading to my parents' place.