Chapter 9 Is it too late now to say sorry?

It was 7am and I've been up since 5 -meaning I literally got 3 hours of sleep last night- but that was beside the point. I've been slaving away in the kitchen making every breakfast item I knew how to make and knew I couldn't screw up. The kitchen counter was piled up from the one side to the other ranging from ; omelettes, toast and fruit salad to bagels, pancakes and waffles. I had to make this meal perfect if I wanted to apologize for being such a jerk yesterday.  But I didn't think that would be a problem because the smell alone was guaranteed to get them out of their rooms faster than greased lighting.

Putting the last pancake on the plate , I turned back to the sink seeing the mountain of dishes staring back at me. This was the worst part of cooking, the after math. Rolling up my sleeves I started rinsing and putting some in the dishwasher while hand washing those that couldn't fit .

"Olivia what the-" I turned around at Jacob's confused voice - rolling down my sleeves and drying my hands - saying ; "I made breakfast " giving the most genuine smile I've given in well , the 18 years of my life.

Just as he was about to reply a VERY chirpy Ethan came down the stairs saying ; "Dang, something smells good." My smile spread wider knowing I finally did something good for once.

Gesturing them both to sit , they both silently obliged while I poured them some coffee.

"Not that I'm complaining but , what is all of this ?" Jacob said , reaching over to grab a bagel. But before I could reply , Ethan shoved him saying;  "Dude , don't question it just stuff your mouth." While he reached for another piece of bacon himself  .

I just laughed saying ; "it's to show you how sorry I am about yesterday. "

"Yesterday? " Jacob said confused , as if he didn't already know what this was about .

"Yeah . It's just ... when I get into full business mode, my overachieving 'bosslady' self tends to take over and all I want to do is get to the top, not caring who or what I have to step on to get there. So I'm really sorry that you had to witness that side of me..." I said looking down . Saying it aloud made me realise how bad it actually was .

"I actually think it's kinda hot." Ethan said with a mouthful of Pancakes , not looking at me just continuing pilling unto his plate. So I just disregarded that little statement of his and moved on. He was obviously delusional from the amount of food infront of him.

I watched as Jacob sent a glare Ethan's why making him roll his eyes in return. "It's okay it's not your fault. We know that a lot has happend these past few days and that this is a lot for you to take in . So I won't think too much of it now. But just remember Olivia , this is OUR company now . We run it together. The three of us. We'll have to learn how to compromise and not let our leadership blood take over." Jacob said , making me feel more guilty than I already were.

"Way to ruin the moment bro." Ethan said , taking his plate upstairs leaving me alone with Jacob. What do I say now !? I already apologised . I know what I did was wrong - hence the breakfast to fix it - so what else did he want from me !?

"I'm sorry... okay ?" I said in a soft ,childlike tone as my hair started to fall over my face. The feel of his hand brushing the strand of hair behind my ear , almost had me pull away , but I didn't. Not this time anyway.

"Hey ... It's okay Olivia.  It's okay to want to take charge,it's in our blood we can't fight it. So please don't blame this all on yourself we all had te learn , now it's just your turn."

I lifted my head , seeing his bright green orbs - that I only now realized where this emerald green - stare back at me expectantly. I wiped the tear that had fallen from my cheek and just as I was about to say "thank y-" his lips on mine interrupted me. It was sudden and surprising,  I wanted to push him away because he was practically still a stranger in my eyes , yet I couldn't control my lips moving on their own account as if they had a mind of their own. His lips were soft and still tasted like syrup from the pancake he ate while I wondered what was going through his head right now.

Pulling back , I watched as his eyes searched mine for any type of emotion or reaction as to what just happend,  though my feet had other plans than staying for a round two. I found myself softly brush past him and run up to my room , locking it behind me.

What just happend? 

Did I have a ...moment with Jacob?  And enjoyed it ?

I must've been going crazy if I was starting to have feelings for them , this wasn't a part of the plan. I wasn't supposed to be happy about any of this. I wasn't supposed to fall in love with them !

Why Jacob ? Why did you have to kiss me and make all of this so easy ?

Light knocking sounded from the other side of my door and I knew exactly who it was. I didn't say a word , I mean... what do I even say to him? 

"Olivia look , if I overstepped I'm sorry." He said , sounding defeated. But I didn't reply. Each word coming out of his mouth made me hate him even less , I couldn't hate him even if I wanted to and that was what bothered me the most.

"Liv , please..." he pleaded as I found a small smile appear on my lips by the nickname he gave me.

"Fine , I'll go. But just know that no matter what it meant to you , it meant something to me..." he trailed off softly , making me almost run to the door and opening it to him , but I didn't have the words yet.  So I let him go ...

My second biggest mistake .

That's it !!! Was this a good enough apology?  Thoughts on the KISS !?!?!? Let me know in the comment section below. Thank you so much reading.  Until next time, keep howling my wolves ❤🐺

//updates every Thursday//