3.5

FIVE
we'll shake it off

FIVE━we'll shake it off

If we're caught in a wave,
I will carry you over.

A LARGE FARMHOUSE IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE came into view as they landed. Everyone got out of the Quinjet not daring to disrupt the silence that had been lingering in the air during the whole flight. Clint led the way to the safe house while helping Nat walk properly. Tony and Arabella were right behind them walking side to side. Thor, Steve, and Bruce followed closely behind. They stepped in the porch and climbed the three stairs to enter the house.

"What is this place?" Thor turned his attention to Tony. "A safe house?" Tony shrugged.

Clint opened the door and the shaken-up heroes walked inside the house. Arabella's blue eyes roamed around the house with a frown set upon her face. She spotted a few family pictures hung on the wall and as she moved forward, her boot-clad foot crashed a Lego. Then realization hit her; Clint had a family.

"Honey!" Clint called out for whom Arabella guessed was his partner. A brunette, undoubtedly pregnant woman stepped out of the kitchen holding some drawings in her hand. "Hi. Company. Sorry I didn't call ahead."

"Hey." The woman greeted Clint with a peck on the lips.

Tony frowned at the PDA and arched a brow. "This is an agent of some kind."

"Gentleman, Bella. This is Laura." The archer introduced his wife.

The woman, Laura, waved at them. "I know all your names." No one said anything back, they just stared dumbfounded, except for the Starks who waved at her awkwardly.

"Oh, incoming." Clint walked past Laura and opened his arms to receive a little girl and a boy. He picked up the girl and embraced the boy. "Hi, sweetheart! Hey, buddy! How you are guys doing?"

"These are... smaller agents," Tony reassured the rest of the team.

"Did you bring Auntie Nat?" A small, sweet voice asked. Nat's head instantly turned around and her lips formed a smile. "Why don't you hug her and find out?" The little girl rushed to her and jumped in the red head's arms.