2.3

THREE
too young to kill

THREE―too young to kill

you're a survivor, it's
written all over your body.

APRIL 2014

ARABELLA KEPT HER BACK STRAIGHT as her boot-clad feet carried her forward, tightly clenching her jaw to suppress herself from wincing. She could feel how a little blood dripped every now and then from the small set of stitches on her side. It was obvious she hadn't fully recovered, it had been less than a day after all,  and yet Rumlow had taken her out of the recovery room. It wasn't like she hadn't been in situations like this anyway, in fact, she'd been in situations far worse than this one. She still remembered as if it had been yesterday the incident in Oslo, or the one in Warsaw where she almost died on an extraction mission.

Beads of sweat formed beneath her brunette bangs as men in black tactical suits escorted Arabella through the halls of the Triskelion, with Brock Rumlow on the lead. She didn't know how to feel about him. Had he betrayed Hydra? It sure as hell looked like he did. He was wearing the STRIKE uniform as were the man beside the twelve-year-old. Little did she know it was the other way around. They were approaching an elevator whose doors were sliding closed, but Rumlow stuck his hand between them just before they closed. Motioning with his other hand for the two agents and the girl to come inside the elevator. Arabella caught sight of the red, white, and blue shield that covered the back of the blonde man. He had his back facing to them, eyes focused on the view in front of him. 

"Keep all STRIKE personnel on site," Rumlow said as Arabella and the two agents followed him inside. Rumlow eyed Steve's back as the doors closed. "Cap." And it was until then that Steve turned around.

"Rumlow." The soldier acknowledged him, eyes immediately landing on the young girl next to Rumlow. His eyes went from her pale-looking face down to her bandaged side, finally landing up again to the collar on her neck. "Prisoner transfer?"

"Yeah," Rumlow faintly nodded his head. "Pierce's orders."

"Out of recovery, I see," Steve said, even though he could tell the girl wasn't recovered yet, there were spots of blood on the white bandage for God's sake. And since they hadn't bothered to give her new clothes, the red spots could easily be seen through the ripped side of her black suit. The situation smelled a little funky, and Steve knew it. He had to get her to Stark. She was a threat to S.H.I.E.L.D., yes, but he couldn't just let them take her. Especially since he was pretty sure they hadn't told anything to Tony yet. And to be honest, he didn't trust Alexander Pierce all that much. Not knowing who to trust always lead him to take things in his hands, and that was exactly what he was going to do. 

Rumlow hummed in response. "Just this morning." Steve only nodded, finding nothing else to say. Then Rumlow broke the silence and turned to face Steve. "Evidence response found some fibers on the roof they want us to see. You want me to get the TAC team ready?"