2.1

ONE
all new

dying is easy,living is harder

dying is easy,
living is harder.

APRIL 2014

TWO YEARS AGO her heart stopped. Two years ago she was killed and brought back to life.

The Winter Soldier had brought the limp body of the ten-year-old girl to the physicians on the Siberia base, but none of them were able to save her, for she was already dead. Alexander Pierce wasn't the type of man who gave up easily though, especially on the now Romanova girl. So he sent the dead girl all the way to Warsaw, Poland, where they had a stone that had what it took to revive her.

The Soul Stone, or the "Magic Gem" as they called her, was brought to the HYDRA base in Warsaw at the beginning of 2012 by Artur Rusek, a scientist and now an agent of HYDRA. No one knew how, where or when he got, all they knew was that the small, orange stone was powerful. Knowing that, they decided to run experiments to test its capabilities and how far they reached. By far, not a single subject out of the twenty-one they had tried with had endured the power. Their bodies had crumbled and their souls had torn. That was, of course, before the corpse of the girl arrived.

Bella was something else. Something rare

Her body had taken the energy of the stone and harnessed it to create enough power to built herself back together. It rested inside the girl like it didn't with the ones tested before. 

She had no memory of the procedure. All she knew was that she woke up back inside a cell that wasn't the one she had in Siberia, with a fresh, vertical scar across her pale chest. The stone had darkened her sky blue eyes to an ocean blue.  The stone also brought instability to her cells, making them shift from flesh to thin air.

It took her a while to learn how to master her new ability. Grunts and whimpers could be heard through the hallways near her cell as her body turned from solid to air continuously. When she first laid down on her thin mattress she phased through it and landed hard on the concrete floor. Whenever her hands reached out to gran something, that something would fall right through her hands. Things like those kept happening for a solid month. 

As soon as she was mildly recovered they started training, making her walk through walls, drop from floor to floor and phase her hands through people and objects. Soldiers would shoot at her and bullets would fly by as she did her best to avoid or phase through them. A few of them grazed her skin when she wasn't fast enough to dodge them. Some even stuck inside her body when she couldn't stay intangible for too long.