chapter one

Tony walks down the long hallway of Stark Tower, carrying a briefcase, stopping at one of the closed door with a name tag on the wall by the door read Bella's Room.

Bella insisted that she needed something to label her room so the other Avengers won't just randomly walk in and accidentally mess up something of hers.

He knocked on the door, waiting a few seconds until he heard his niece's voice say, " Just a minute!"

He could hear rummaging from inside of the room and then he heard a thud which made him raise a brow.

Before he could open his mouth and ask what was wrong, the door was open to reveal his niece, Bella, her blonde hair pulled up in a messy bun and she was wearing sweatpants and a Stark Industries sweatshirt with Hufflepuff themed socks on.

Tony glanced behind her inside of her room, of what he could really see since she was blocking some of the view, he noticed that some of her books by the end of her bed were sprawled out on the floor.

" Let me guess, " he starts as he looks at his niece. " you fell?"

Bella points at him. " I tripped. There's a difference."

Tony shook his head. " There's really not a difference. "

Bella rolls her eyes and throws her arms up dramatically. " I forgot I had my books at the end of my bed."

" Excuses, excuses." Tony said, a teasing smile on his face.

Bella crossed her arms. " If you came here to tease me or whatever, you can go now. Or I can just go back home."

The fact that she didnt call this place home, honestly hurts Tony. He wanted her to feel like it was home. He was the adult. Her older brothers shouldn't have to do the taking care of her. Tony should be taking care of her, Andrew and Xander should be living their own lives, not looking after there little sister.

His expression fell, a frown forming for a quick second but it was quickly replaced with a blank expression, as if he didn't want Bella to know that he had emotions. " You're going with me to Germany-"

" Let me stop you there." Bella interrupts him which surprised him, but he remains silence and let's her speak.

" I can't help with whatever your dragging me into." she explained to him, nervously biting her lower lip, knowing exactly what he was going to ask her.

She knew what he was going to say because Steve came by to talk with her eariler that day, talking to her about his problems with the accords and how he wanted her to fight with him on his team in Germany.

The fact that she was going to be fighting against her best friend hurts her, Peter doesn't even know that she is going to be at Germany with them so this will definatley be a surprise. The fact that she is going to be fighting against her uncle, hurts her more. She doesn't agree with what her father and his team were going with.

If she got put in prison because of doing what she thinks is right, who cares.

At least she wouldn't be the only one in prison for doing what they thought was right.

Besides, she would probably go off the grid with Steve if she was able to before she could get caught. She knows that Steve would do anything to protect her since he even admitted to her that she was like a daughter to him.

Which was weird since she was Tony's niece, but it was a nice thing to say and it meant a lot to her.

Tony sent her a look, not believing this at all. " You're busy? What would be more important than fighting with the Avengers? School?"