chapter twelve

The next day started just like any other normal school day.

Bella got up when her alarm went off, took a shower and got dressed into a white undershirt with a blue and white flannel over it, blue jeans short over back leggings and tall black boots. She tried contacting Peter last night and this morning, but he didn't ever answer her and it was starting to worry her.

She got to school and met with Vivian, telling her all that happened yesterday.

" That's awful that you both got your suit taken away. And you even got your hideout taken away too? Awe, I'm gonna miss that place." Vivian frowns.

Bella sighs. " Yeah, I'm gonna miss it all. I don't know how to get my Uncle to not be disappointed in me anymore."

Vivian shrugs. " I don't know either. I think he will come through eventually."

The two of them walk over to where Ned was waiting for Peter who was in the Principal's office.

Ned looks over at Bella and smiled.
" Hey, Bella. I'm glad you're okay."

Bella smiled. " Thanks, Ned."

The door opens and Peter walks out while putting his backpack on. Ned turned to face him and asked. " Are you getting expelled? Do you have to go to that high school on 46th where the principal has a crossbow?"

" Pretty sure that's an urban myth, and no, I'm not expelled." Peter replied as the four of them walk away from the Principal's office.

" You're so lucky." Ned said.

" Peter, are you okay? Why haven't you answered me when I tried contacting you?" Bella questioned, wanting to know why he didn't answer her.

Peter avoided eye contact with her and shrugged his shoulders. " I'm sorry. I guess I was busy."

Bella frowned, knowing something was wrong with Peter and she just wished he would tell her.

Everyone went to class whenever the bell rang and the day went on. Before she knew it school was over and she was walking to her locker when she bumped into someone.

" I'm so sorry." Bella apologizes and is shocked when she looks up to see Harley Keener.

He sent her a smile and shook his head. " No worries. It was also my fault."

" I can't believe this is the first time I've seen you, Harley." Bella smiled, happy that she was seeing her old friend.

Harley nodded. " Yeah, I know. It felt like it's been forever since we've seen each other."

Bella chuckled. " That's because it has been forever since we've seen each other."

Harley rubs the back of his neck, now suddenly acting nervous. " You know, Homecoming is coming up. Do you...do you have a date?"

Her eyes grew wide and her heart started beating like a million miles per hour. She forgot all about Homecoming and she didn't even think that someone like Harley was going to ask her.

Was Harley going to ask her? Part of her hope he would. But would Peter be okay with this though? Why is she asking herself that? She doesn't care what Peter thinks. He's the one that isn't telling her what's going on.

She shook her head, not being able to form any words, still shocked.

A smile that made her knees weak formed on his face. " Good. Because I was wondering if maybe you...would want to go with me?" he asked her.

" It doesn't have to be a date! We can just go as friends." he quickly added after seeing the look on her face.

Bella couldn't help the blush that grew on her cheeks and she knew she probably looked redder than a tomato. She quickly nodded. " I would love to go with you as your date."