chapter six

Bella opens her locker the next day and lets out a sigh. She was surprised her brothers basically let her off with a warning. She jumped whenever she felt a pair of hands on her shoulders and she looked over her shoulder to see Vivian.

" Hey!" Vivian says with a smile and moves to stand on Bella's right side.

" Why did you leave the party last night? You didn't even come back." she pouts as Bella gets the books she needed for her classes.

" Yeah, I'm sorry. I went to go look for Peter whenever he left and then...something came up. I was gonna come back but then I forgot. I'm sorry for leaving you." Bella apologizes and looks at Vivian, hoping that she would forgive her.

" Wait, were you and Peter...y'know." Vivian says and Bella's eyes widened, her face turning a bright shade of pink.

" What?! No! No, no we weren't." Bella tells her and looks at each side of the hallway to make sure no one was listening.

" Okay, I guess you can say we went on a mission." she shrugs her shoulders.

Vivian's eyes light up with excitement. " Really? That's so cool!"

Bella shrugs her shoulders. " I guess. These guys had like high tech weapons and were selling them. We tried stopping them, that didn't go as planned. And now I know that Peter doesn't feel the same way about me. A lot happened last night."

Vivian looks at her with confusion.
" Wait, hold the phone. How do you know that Peter doesn't like you?"

Bella sighs and looks at the brunette.
" Because we were talking last night and he said that I was just being a good friend for going after him and trying to stop him from doing something stupid."

Vivian's eyebrows scrunch up in confusion. " But that's true. You are a good friend for doing that. Not many people would. I don't see how you got that he doesn't like you romantically from that."

Bella runs a hand through her blonde hair as the two start walking down the hallway to class. " I know. I know. I just....I'm tired of just being seen as a friend in his eyes."

" Why don't you just tell him?" Vivian suggests and smiles gently. She then grabs onto Bella's arm excitedly.
" Ooh! Or maybe you can ask him out to Homecoming!"

Bella groans. " I forgot about Homecoming."

Vivian looks at her with wide eyes.
" You forgot about Homecoming? I can't believe you forgot."

" You know I don't really like dances or parties for that matter." Bella reminds her as they walk into the classroom and towards the back where they normally sat.

" Well, yes, that's true, but you should go to homecoming anyways. Maybe this will be the time you finally tell Peter you love him." Vivian says as the two girls sit in their desks that were placed next to each other.

Bella scoffs. " Yeah, right. In my dreams." she mumbles and sets her bag on the ground beside her.

" Peter will be there." Vivian smirks.

Blush forms on Bella's face as she says, " Shut up." while giving Vivian a light shove who just giggles in response.

****

Bella and Vivian walk out in the hallway only to run into Peter and Ned. " Hey, guys! What's -" Bella didn't even get to finish her sentence because Peter quickly ran over to the corner of the hallway to hide. " Peter, what the heck?"