13

— T A E —

i couldn't believe what namjoon hyung said. in fact, i was wondering if i heard it wrong. jisoo was like the goddess in our school. tons of guys fall for her. she was like the perfect one.

why did she randomly get schizophrenia from?

she started talking weirdly to herself.

"let go of me yoonji!"

"i'm going to slap him."

"you always help me with my plans. why are you like this?"

"please. please just let me-" she suddenly bursted our crying. she was already crying and now she just a whole mess as she falls on the carpet.

i ran to her, wanting to engulf her into my chest and give her a warm hug. but i'm not sure if i'm in any position to do that. in the end, i couldn't control. i miss her so much that i didn't even think twice before hugging her.

"i'm sorry.." she whispered and pouted in my ears as i felt a sharp pain at my abdomen. i look down at jisoo smirking and she held a penknife with blood on it. with my blood on it.

i fell backwards, my head hit against the cold floor as i smiled at jisoo, assuring her that's it's fine. i caused her that much pain. and even if i die, i deserve it.

suddenly, it's like she changed to another person. she dropped the sharp object and stared at me with shock and guilt at the same time. she crawled nearer to me and started caressing my face.

"i-i'm sorry tae. s-she asked m-me to do this. i h-has no choice-" she was shaking as she stammered through out her whole sentence.

"shh, it's okay..." i managed to give a smile before succumbing to the pain.

— T H I R D P E R S O N —

"how's taehyung?" jisoo questioned namjoon, who has just entered the room for 5 mins only. he sighed and look at jisoo, unable to speak.

"i-i'm sorry soo..." his eyes started to water at the sight of his best friend being tied up on the bed like she was a criminal or something.

"why are you sorry?" the girl was like confused. "maybe i shouldn't have told tae you were dead. maybe if i...told you the truth of the accident." he mumbled guilty.

"what's the truth?"

"i..." the door opened slightly and taehyung was being pushed in by a nurse on his wheelchair. both jisoo and namjoon looked shock, well, mostly namjoon while jisoo wasn't so sure how she feels.

"n-namjoon hyung, is it okay if you l-leave this room for a m-minute? i want to...tell jisoo s-something..." he stammered which made namjoon worry, but since there will be a nurse with him, he didn't mind and just nodded, before leaving the room.

the nurse pushed taehyung closer to jisoo, but stopped a few steps, the distance where he wouldn't be able to even hold jisoo's hands. jisoo grinned, her eyes glistening as she took a look at her ex.

taehyung smiled back at her too, and they stayed like that for a few minutes until jisoo decided to say something. "i'm r-really sorry, tae. i-"

"it's fine, it's my fault for making you like this anyway." he interrupted her. she nodded at his words hesitantly as she tries to listen to his words to convince herself that everything is alright.

"so what did you want to tell me?"

"well... i'm sorry soo, but-" he was cut off by jisoo who was anxious at his mumbling statement. "but?"

he took a deep breath before saying his words. "i will be going to canada tomorrow for a surgery. i'm going to be honest with you, since this might be the last time i will be able to talk to you. who knows how i'll end up?" he gave himself a sarcastic laugh while jisoo was frowning since all this is making her mind a mess.

yesterday, she stabbed him. today, he came to her room and said that he is leaving tomorrow. "w-what surgery?" she stuttered, tears threatening to spill. "it's a brain tumor." he tried to smile which is not making any sense to jisoo at all.

there was a moment of awkward silence until taehyung whispered something into the nurse's ear that made her push his wheelchair nearer to jisoo. he wrapped his arms around her petite body. it did make him a little emotional since it has literally been so long since he could hug his girlfriend.

jisoo's arms also automatically went around his back. they had a little snuggling session without knowing that namjoon saw everything. and he would definitely be lying if he said he didn't feel his heart shattering into pieces.

that's right. since the first time he met jisoo, he fell in love with her. but what can he do when she's the girlfriend of his best friend, taehyung? the least he could so was at least be her friend, comforting her when taehyung wasn't around.

not only that. that day, when the accident happened, he borrowed taehyung's car since his broke down and was sent for repair. when taehyung dragged jisoo away angrily, he was worried and that's why he decided to go to taehyung's house and find jisoo.

but things didn't go as planned. when he reached taehyung's place, jisoo suddenly ran out of the front door. and that's when the vehicle hit against her body.

all these years, he has been giving jisoo the wrong information, stuffing her with hate towards taehyung. it wasn't his intended purpose, but he just couldn't find a proper time to explain to his crush.

now, watching them hugging might have broke his heart, but it definitely made him smile as well.

to be continued...
___________

welp , we've reached the end of the story !
but who knows, i might make a epilogue to end off everything. so feel free to give suggestions on what you want to see in the epilogue !! nyeongan :)