Emotions

Hank and Connor were sitting on opposite ends of the couch, with Sumo resting on the floor by Connors feet. Hank was flicking through the channels on the TV.
"Watcha wanna watch huh Connor?" Hank asked.
"You can pick Lieutenant, you know I won't be registering what happens."
"Right of course, you being an android and shit."
"I was curious if you wanted to talk Lieutenant, and get to know each other?"
Hank roared with laughter, "You practically know every fucking thing about me, you've been living with me for 2 months, I'm sure you've done that weird analysing shit thing."
"Yes, I have." Connor said, before he was interrupted by a sigh by Hank, before continuing, "What about telling me your feelings? It could possibly help me access and explore my own.
"Mmmm, right, I've been meaning to have a conversation about that for a while. Well what feelings do you want to talk about?"
"You've been meaning to?" Connor asked, tipping his head slightly to the side.
"Yeah, since the revolution really. You're confusing me Connor."
"I don't mean to. In what way am I?"
"You show empathy often, which convinced me you are still deviant, but all the other androids are far more advanced than you. I mean shit there was the first android groom and bride wedding only a couple of weeks ago."
Connor frowned, "As I said, they all have more human factors."
"So what feelings have you experienced?"
"Empathy as you mentioned, frustration. I've felt happy a few times, that's always nice. Though I have also felt a few more that are indescribable, i haven't been able to figure out what they are."
Hank didn't reply for a moment before speaking slowly, "What about relationships, do you consider people friends?"
"You are my friend Lieutenant." Connor said, giving him a half smiled, which Hank returned.
"Thanks Con, I appreciate that, I really do."
Connor turned to look at Sumo, and scratched him behind the ears, "Sumo is my friend too."
Hank chuckled, "Course he is. How's the stab wound?"
"It's been completely fixed up, my thirium levels have been restored too."
"It must be nice, not being able to feel anything, no pain, I'm almost jealous of you."
"Almost jealous?" Connor asked.
"Yeah, because then I remember that you are stuck with that goofy face and voice." Hank said, laughing.
Connor smiled back before changing the subject, "Do you think I'll be able to love, like my brother?"
"Love isn't all that great as people make it out to be Con." Hank muttered, opening a bottle of Black lamb and taking a swig.
Connor frowned, "Oh, why is that?"
Hank blew air out of his nose, "Because it can destroy you, if you loose it."
"Then surely love isn't the problem. Have you had a bad experience with it?"
Hank snorted, and repeated, "Have you had a bad experience with it." He took another swig, "Unfortunately most of us have. It crushes you."
"Like an empty beer can?"
"Yeah, like an empty beer can." Hank smiled sadly, "Can't believe you remember that."
"I am an android Lieutenant."
"Yeah I know Con, we will figure out how to get you to feel more, I promise you."