Road Trip (snowbaz)

Simon let his hand be pushed back as he stuck it out the car window. He and Baz were on a road trip to Penelope's house in Chicago after having landed in Washington state. Simon just wanted to fly the whole way there but Baz argued that he wouldn't be able to stand going that long without a proper hunt so they took the shortest flight and were driving the rest of the way. Simon let out a loud sigh that merged into a long and dramatically drawn out groan. He wanted to stretch out his legs and his butt was sore from sitting for so long. That of course and he was hungry.

The two had been on this stretch of highway for what seemed like forever and an end wasn't anywhere in sight. The air was sticky but Baz made them turn off the air conditioning to save on gas. Gas stations were apparently nonexistent out there too. Simon stuck his long legs up on the dashboard, earning a highly disappointed look from Baz. Disappointed or endearing? He could never read the difference anyways. Pulling the lever to the right of his chair, Simon catapulted him and his seat backwards, accompanied by a loud popping noise. Baz jumped and looked at him again. Disappointment, that one was definitely disappointment with a dash of annoyance.

He didn't like the drive either. It was nothing but sun outside and he had been staring at a continually straight road for miles. However, Baz didn't dare complain because if he said anything Simon would ask to drive and they would never make it to Penny's alive if he drove. Baz propped an elbow up out the window, trying his best to ignore the intense burning sensation as his skin rested against the baked black interior. He tucked a loose strand of his hair back behind his ear but the wind just untucked it again. The majority of his hair was pulled pack into a ponytail with a scrunchie Simon had found in the glove box of their rental car. Baz wanted to protest for the fear of lice but he let him anyways because it kept him mildly entertained. Now that the windows were down he was grateful. Again. He would never admit it. He just quietly smiled to himself everytime Simon fixes it.

Simon tried closing his eyes but he wasn't comfortable for a second. Laying down meant he was beneath the air flow and was simply submersed in the stale syrup that was the air. He grabbed the bar next to his chair again and abruptly launched himself forward, making his knees hit his chest. He looked to Baz for a reaction who just had his palm flat against his face which was drenched in the same look that he gave when he put the chair back. But, he wouldn't look at Simon and Simon figured it was so he couldn't see the smile playing at Baz's lips though he could. He leaned over to him and put his face in the crook of his neck. Simon let his eyelashes drag across his skin making Baz flinch away, jerking the wheel a tad. He was terribly ticklish there. It doesn't matter how Simon came to learn this.

"Snow, I'm driving," Baz straightened out the wheel. Luckily no one else was on the road.

"I'm boooooored, are we there yet?" Simon flopped back against the passenger door, Baz shaking his head.

"Look around us, look me in the eye, and ask that again," Baz said. Simon looked out to the blowing grass on both sides of the car. He looked ahead of them to see a horizon line; he then looked out the back window to see the same. Simon resituated himself to sit cross legged, facing Baz again who watched him.

"Are we there yet?" Simon said, drilling his eyes into Baz's astonished ones. Was he really being serious?

"Get out," Baz wanted to bury his face in both hands but something had to be keeping them on the road. Simon's mouth dropped open slightly at his boyfriend's comment.

"We're going 85-miles an hour down the highway in the middle of nowhere!" Simon gestured dramatically with his hands as he spoke. Baz looked at Simon with a laugh in his eyes and a grin, which was in the process of trying to be hidden.

"Did I stutter?" Baz had to release his laugh when he saw Simon's face fall with his hands. He reached over and squeezed his hand. Simon curled up in his seat with a huff, keeping Baz's hand and bringing it close to his chest. He gave his knuckles tiny kisses as Baz continued to laugh, the air whipping around them.