I'll See You Soon (snowbaz/angst)

(WARNING: includes violence and emotional pain. I really do love these characters but if you don't start suggesting more stuff then I'll just keep writing angst)

It happened so fast. Too fast.

The battle between the mages had begun and The Mage was winning. Thanks to his right-hand man, Simon. Simon. He had gone off. He was sending things up in flames. The battlefield was parted like the red sea and on the other side stood Baz. Baz.

Simon watched in horror as Baz dropped to his knees and before he knew it he was sprinting towards him. Sprinting to the hero, sprinting to the one who wanted him and The Mage dead. Simon knew that he was supposed to lose this battle. That's what villain's weapons are supposed to do.

Fail.

Die.

Lose.

He slid to the ground next to Baz's body. No one was stopping him. It was almost silent on the battlefield. Simon couldn't hear anything over the ringing in his ears. Despite not looking at anything else but Baz, he knew that they just won. He knew nearly everyone just died. Tears pushed down his face as he balled Baz's shirt up in his fists.

"You were supposed to stop me!" Simon cried, cradling Baz's lifeless body. "You were supposed to save the day! You had everything you needed to bring me down! A whole army! So why!," he choked, "why am I still here? What went wrong?" His voice trembled as tears dripped off his face. He shook Baz's shoulders roughly. "Please, wake up! I can't do this alone."

Baz slumped to the ground, slowly slipping from Simon's weak arms. The Mage came over and brought Simon up by his armpits.

"Come on, we still have a few left, now that he's gone they have nothing to fight for. We've practically won let's not give up now."

Simon followed The Mage, swinging his sword wildly. He wailed relentlessly, the image of Baz's dead body burning hole after hole into his head, his heart, his soul. He didn't have anything to fight for anymore either. Baz is dead. What's the point?

He swung his sword but not at anybody and never deflecting anyone. Swords and daggers and axes penetrated him over and over. The Mage tried throwing himself in to fight them. Simon swung hard at his legs, slicing through his calf muscles. He then dropped his sword and surrendered himself over to those still fighting.

"I'm sorry Baz. I'm so sorry. I'll see you soon."