Class Reunion (snowbaz/angst)

It was just another class reunion. That's all it was and Simon had been more than eager to attend. Probably because it was a picnic and picnics had sandwiches. Everything was fine until lightning struck and it all went to utter chaos. Everyone scattered as something launched itself at Baz Something. Please let it just be something. Whatever it was was captivating and everything else seemed to disappear. Not in the cutesy Hallmark movie sense but the falling through existential nothingness idea. Where's Simon? Where's Penelope? I can't hear them. Can they hear me? Do they see what's happening? Maybe this is all just a bad dream. I can wake up. Just let me wake up. Please. The sky held an ominous green tinge to it as if it were someone's face and they were about to be sick. Most people don't worry about the color of the sky when in a dangerous situation but Baz had no choice. He found himself pinned to the ground and was readily giving up. The creature above him consumed darkness, like a black hole for light, plunging everything into black. It was stretched across his hips, two limbs stuck to each side and two more long limbs fought at keeping his hands pinned by his ears. Baz let his legs fall flat and began to still his arms.The creature leaned forward, its knees digging deep into his chest, letting his lungs compress and ribs begin to tremble under the weight. Soon, Baz could barely even gasp for air as the thing whispered with a hot breath into his ear. "You were right you know," A surge was pulled out of Baz, casting a circle of fire around them in the marble pavilion, giving light to the creature's face. "'This will all end in flames.'"Baz looked up into a pair of blue eyes that were all too familiar, yet dangerously foreign. Simon. His eyes glinted with something Baz had never seen in them before and that look just glowed brighter as Baz's face was drenched in terror. He never knew Simon could look so venomous. So... terrifying."Simon... what are you-" Baz sputtered out but Simon pressed hard into him again. He felt weak and dizzy."Do you feel that?" Simon had this look as though the Mage had possessed him. "That feeling of nothing? That feeling of everything inside you burning and yet, there's nothing?" Baz squirmed underneath him as he felt exactly what Simon described. It was this pulling and dragging burn coming from inside of him.Like he was being burned alive from the inside out.Baz looked at him fearfully, "What are you doing?" "I learned how to do it. How to take other magician's magic without even any of my own," Simon grinned devilishly as Baz tried to pull himself out from underneath him. He was able to slide away some but it was only far enough to put all of Simon's weight on one rib. It didn't hold long. Baz screamed out in pain and startled Simon enough to shove him off, breaking off the flow of magic. He rolled to his side and stood as straight as he could while clutching his left side."Simon!" Baz called out to him both angrily and fearfully. He wanted him to stop all the madness and just hug him. He wanted Simon to hold him and mutter one thousand curses and 'I'm so sorry's until Baz convinced him it was okay. He wanted everything to be okay. He watched Simon stand up tall across from him as his hand rested at his hip. Slowly the Sword of Mages appeared by his side, stronger than it had ever seemed before after being out of use for so long. It was a foot longer than before and two inches wider. The edge itself came to such a sharp point, it was unclear when it started. That wouldn't even hurt.Simon launched at Baz, swinging wildly. He gave up on easing the pain in his side, the damage was already done. Baz barreled towards Simon, ducking underneath the sword, and knocked him to the ground. Simon hadn't handled the sword in awhile and it skittered across the floor, very close to the flames. Baz ran for it but Simon grabbed roughly at his ankles making him fall hard. Simon got up and tried pouncing for the sword but stopped mid-air. Baz had grabbed the sword just seconds before and raised it towards the sky. He threw the sword along with Simon off to the side and pulled himself up off the ground, being abruptly reminded of his shattered rib.He 'Make a wish!' -ed the fire away with his remaining magic. He saw all of his old classmates standing just outside where the fire once was, ceasing all the spell casting that they had been doing moments before. Penelope ran over before sliding to a stop. Blood pooled on the marble floor and trickled down the cracks like rivers of death. Baz went over to Simon's stiff, menacing body and pulled out the sword, still dripping crimson, and looked away from him. His final expression twisted his features- not threatening, but remorseful.Penelope reached forward and put her hand on Baz's shoulder, "I thought you loved him," she played nervously with her ring. She didn't think Baz would come out of the fire alive. Not after knowing what Baz had been planning for."I did," he answered, his voice made detached and cold with expert control. Still, he couldn't conceal the pain in his eyes. Penelope began to help him away from the pavilion, pushing people out of her way. Baz reached in his pocket and let his fingers curl around a box and in that box, a ring.

(A/N I am so sorry I swear I love them both to pieces)

Commet what you want to read next!

-Angst

-Platonic

-Romantic

-Romantic &/or Platonic