Baz Kisses First

!!!!!!DISCLAIMER!!!!!! THE FIRST SECTION WAS WRITTEN ENTIRELY BY RAINBOW ROWELL AND I WANTED TO KEEP IT FOR AS REALISTIC AS POSSIBLE PURPOSES OKAY ENJOY.

That's it. I'm going to have to spell this imbecile away from me. My last deed will be to save Simon Snow's life and my whole family will be ashamed.

He's holding on to my face, expecting me to stay alive just because he's told me to—because he's Simon bloody Snow, and he gets whatever he wants if he growls loud enough.

I think I might kiss him before I send him flying.

(Can I get him away from me without breaking any of his bones? What spell will keep him away, so he doesn't come running back into the fire?)

I think I might kiss him. He's right here. And his lips are hanging open (mouth breather) and his eyes are alive, alive, alive.

You're so alive Simon Snow.

You got my share of it.

He shakes his head, and he's saying something, and I think I might kiss him.

Because I've never kissed anyone before. (I was afraid I might bite.) And I've never wanted to kiss anyone but him. (I won't bite. I won't hurt him.)

I just want to kiss him, then go.

"Simon...," I say before I push my mouth onto his. He doesn't stop me.

He welcomes me.

He takes control of the kiss and I let him because I don't know how to. He knows how. Aleister Crowley, he's so hot. Everything is so hot. The world is on fire and I'm kissing Simon Snow.

I can feel the cross pulsing against me but all I can think of is Simon's pulsing face. His face that tilts and moves up and down because he's such a damn good kisser. His hands are up in my hair, grabbing and pulling.

I want him. I want him here like this with me when I go but that'd mean he'd have to go too. I couldn't even think about the idea of his death being my fault because I wanted to die mid snog.

I carefully pull my lips off of his, his chin jutting forward, trying to reach for more. I hold Simon's chin between my forefinger and thumb giving those blue eyes one more good look. He has a mole on his cheek I've been dying to kiss for years, so I lean in to do just that. I pull closer to whisper in his ear and to feel more of his warmth against me.

"I am hopelessly in love with you, Simon Snow," I slowly grabbed my wand so he didn't notice and I pretended I didn't hear him crying right in my ear, making my shirt wet.

I brought my wand up to his chest and pulled back to look in his glistening eyes. Part of me wants to say that he wanted me to spell him out of there but I honestly don't think he noticed what I was doing. He clearly had forgotten about the fire because it looked as if he were about to start kissing me again.

"Run for your life," I was trying so hard to keep my voice steady. Simon's face twisted as he fought my magic, trying to keep his feet under him. I gave him one soft kiss on the lips before taking some of his magic. (His hands were still in my hair.) "Please." I whispered.

He was gone.

He wasn't coming back.

There was no way he'd be able to overcome the spell in time.

My pants just caught fire anyways.

And just like that, it all ended in flames.

A/N: I wrote this because I saw someone else on tumblr (idk who) write one but it turned out all lovey and sappy with the same outcome as when Simon kissed first so this is just how I think it would've actually went in the story bc if Baz had decided he was just going to kiss Simon he wouldn't know how Simon felt for him truly. when Simon kisses him first in the book Baz is like, "Wait a hot second this boy that I love just might, actually, really like me back???? sOld." You know?