Episode Guide (Season 2)

1. return of the decepticons, part 1

with the decepticons gone, the autobots now spend their days on earth helping F.I.E.L.D. fighting against terrorists and stopping the illegal smuggling of dangerous alien technology. meanwhile, kevin and james are still searching for clues to the disappearance of kevin's father. however in their search james finds images taken from a military satellite that shows the nemesis flying towards titan, one of saturn's moons. this discovery sends chills down the spines of both our heroes and the two head towards F.I.E.L.D. HQ to warn the autobots. however when they get there, seth informs them that the autobots are out on a mission however james warns seth of what they found, and seth radios prime and his team to return to base. meanwhile, the decepticons's ship the nemesis lands on titan and shockwave asks megatron why they're here and megatron informs them that there was a decepticon ship known as the darksyde which crash-landed on this particular moon. megatron, soundwave, and shockwave investigate the ruins of the darksyde and find the bodies of four decepticons (lugnut, blitzwing, knockout, and thunderblast) and bring them to the nemesis in order for shockwave to revive them. after the four new decepticons are revived and recruited into megatron's ranks, the now-team of seven decepticons set the nemesis on a course for earth. we then cut back to the seven autobots getting a debriefing from seth who informs them that the decepticons have been discovered on saturn's moon titan. ironhide is shocked, and informs seth that the co-ordinates on titan happen to be the crashsite of the darksyde. optimus and seth are both confused, and ironhide says that the darksyde was a decepticon transport ship that was lost during the war and that he believes that megatron plans on reviving the darksyde's crew to join his army, which scares optimus as this means that the decepticons are back. the nemesis then lands on earth and the megatron and his new decepticons attack downtown new york. the autobots then roll out and confront megatron and his new decepticon army. the autobots then engage the new decepticons, however they all get their butts kicked and are all extremely injured. megatron then points his fusion cannon at optimus, telling him that the autobots will pay for the extermination of the decepticon empire during the great war. however before megatron could finish off optimus, ironhide stands in the way and takes the hit for prime. the barely-alive ironhide tells megatron that the decepticon's reign of terror will never return, however megatron says "such heroic nonsense" before ripping out ironhide's spark with his bare hands mercilessly killing him. optimus then draws one of his cybertanium swords eager to avenge his oldest friend's death however ratchet warns optimus that he's in no condition to fight forcing the now-down to six autobots to bridge back to F.I.E.L.D. headquarters. optimus then sadly presents ironhide's dead body to seth, and both kevin and james are devastated and in tears. our episode ends with both the autobots and F.I.E.L.D. holding a memorial for their fallen comrade before we cut to black.

2. return of the decepticons, part 2

the next day, the autobots are still feeling down and hopeless after the death of ironhide, especially optimus. seth then informs the autobots of an incoming cybertronian craft landing in our atmosphere. the autobots then roll out and investigate, only to recognize the ship as the autobot transport ship the axalon. the ship's door opens only for two new autobots to show up, spunky female pilot arcee and her burly co-pilot cliffjumper. jazz recognizes cliffjumper, as the two trained in the academy together prior to jazz joining the wreckers. after the two bro-fist, optimus and the others give them a tour of F.I.E.L.D. headquarters while hotshot begins to feel attracted to arcee. meanwhile, the four new decepticons scan vehicle modes before meeting up with soundwave, whom of which informs them that megatron has requested their presence. megatron then informs the new recruits that an autobot transport ship has crash-landed on earth and that they must stop the autobots before more come to earth. we then cut back to arcee and cliffjumper testing out their newly-scanned vehicle modes before optimus requests their presence. optimus informs the two new arrivals about ironhide's death at the hands of megatron and that the decepticons are back and on earth and the two understand the seriousness of the situation. arcee then asks kevin about bumblebee's speech impediment and he tells her it's a long story. james then discovers that the decepticons are attacking a dam. the eight autobots then roll out and arrive on the scene to engage the decepticons. jazz and cliffjumper fight soundwave and his mini-cons, ratchet fights knockout (hinting at the history between the two), arcee fights thunderblast, hotshot fights lugnut, bumblebee fights blitzwing, and wheeljack fights shockwave. optimus confronts megatron atop the dam, telling him that he will pay for ironhide's death. megatron then messes with prime by saying that ironhide was an old fool who deserved to die, which angers optimus and causes him to swing his energon axe aimlessly at megatron who blocks every attack with his energon mace. the two then draw their swords and continue dueling until lugnut uses the P.O.K.E. (Punch Of Kill Everything) to destroy the dam and megatron and the decepticons retreat. arcee and cliffjumper help evacuate civilians while protecting them from the falling debris, while hotshot uses his flamethrowers to evaporate the tidal wave into a cloud of steam thus saving new york from being flooded. after that, the autobots return to base and congratulate the two new recruits on a job well done. however, optimus still feels bad about not being able to save ironhide. meanwhile, megatron scolds lugnut for not warning him when he used the punch. lugnut apologizes, however megatron warns lugnut that he will not tolerate such incompetence.