21• DRESSED IN BLACK

I sit on the floor, scratching Binx's ear as Ambrose jumps on the sofa beside Sabrina, "bacon?".

She groans, scrunching up her nose.

"Ew, no. After what i saw at the church of night yesterday i am fasting, maybe for the rest of my life but definetly until later tonight" she sighs.

I shrug, "but, bacon" I reach up for Ambrose's plate.

"Big plans?" Ambrose looks back at Sabrina with a smirk.

She shrugs, "After Harvey's shift we're going to the movies" she smiles.

That reminds me, i should call Susie later and see if she wants to hang out.

"Hm, how casually you can say that" Ambrose sighs.

"Soon, Luke and i will be able to do the same" he grins and we look at him curiously.

"Fun, how though?" I turn to look at him.

"Luke has a connection with the high priest, he's offered to speak to Father Blackwood on my behalf to get my conviction overturned" he says excitedly and i pat his leg.

Sabrina chuckles, "Ambrose, you're smitten" she makes him blush and i laugh.

The phone rings and aunt Zelda walks in, sighing as she answers "Spellman mortuary, this is Zelda".

Her face drops, "no we hadn't heard" she breathes out, lowering the phone.

"Sabrina, there's been an accident down at the mines" she says quietly.

The hairs on my arms stand up as a shiver runs over me and Sabrina jumps up, dropping her magazine.

We run through the chaos as sirens drill through the air and police cars arrive.

"We're looking for Harvey Kinkle? Have you seen him?" We ask anyone listening.

I lose Sabrina as an almost lifeless body is carried away on a stretcher.

It's like the feast all over again.

My head spins when I hear his voice, "Sabrina!".

I turn as Harvey and Sabrina hug and i finally let out the breath I've been holding as i hurry over.

"There's guys still inside and Tommy's one of them, I gotta go back in" Harvey panics.

"Hey, they'll get him out" I touch his shoulder.

He jumps up and Sabrina puts her hands out, stopping him.

"Harvey stop, it looks like you're in shock" she tries as he shakes his head.

"I gotta find my dad" he says quietly, walking away and i share a worried with Sabrina.

"Sabrina, Ivy!" Roz calls out and we turn as Susie and Roz run towards us with supplies.

"Guys" Sabrina breathes out as i instinctively reach out for Susie's arm.

"Is he okay?" Roz asks, glancing at Harvey.