Chapter 9

Plum woke up wrapped in Urim's arms, he was holding her tight like he was afraid of losing her. She smiled at his peaceful sleeping face and nestled closer to him. Her easy movements awakened him and he kissed her on the forehead.

"Good morning wife," Urim greeted.

"Good morning husband," Plum smiled.

"How are you... feeling?" He asked. "Are you sore, I try to be as gentle as I could."

"I'm fine," Plum said.

"Are you sure I didn't hurt you?" Urim insisted. "Orcs are not physically, uhhh, made to mate with elves or humans, so I-"

"Urim," Plum interrupted, covering his mouth with her hand. "I'm fine, it's fine. Last night was, you were amazing."

Urim took a deep breath and rolled over on his back.

"I was so scared that I would hurt you."

"Well you didn't, as a matter of fact," Plum said straddling him. "You were so amazing, I'm ready for round two."

"Really," Urim smirked. " Well then your wish is my command," he kissed her.

Plum anxious dug her heels in the dirt, she was nervous and couldn't keep still. The day had started off so perfectly, waking up in Urim's arm and making love to him until the middle of the day.

"Plum you should try and calm down a bit. You'll only make it harder for him." Urim said.

"I know," she said, glancing up then quickly looking down again.

She had been trying not to look at Brandyl, it would only make her cry. But when she saw Orgul and Brandyl hug with tears in their eyes, her tears begin to flow as well.

She took a deep breath and tried her hardest to stop her tears. But they flowed uncontrollably when Brandyl smiled and reached out to her.

Plum looked at Urim and he nodded his he and she ran full speed to Brandyl grabbed him and hugged him tightly.

"Plum," Brandyl said fighting back his tears.

"I don't want you to go," Plum cried.

"I know," Brandyl whispered.

Helding Plum tight but it was of no comfort to her.

"Listen to me Plum, the last bit of advice I will ever give you. Marriage can be fickle, but true love lasts forever. Do not resent Urim for my sake. He is your chieftain now as well as your husband. Love him, honor him, the job of a Chieftain is never easy. There is no one he can trust not even his closest friends they may all seek to betray him one day. But you are his greatest council his greatest friend, his greatest lover. An orc can not be a good Chieftain unless he is first a good husband. Never betray him and never speak against him in public. Try and understand the position he is in and when he is lost, he will turn to you for council because you will be his most trusted and loyal ally. Be his light when he is lost in the dark and there will never be another woman, another person he cherishes more than you."

Plum could only manage to nod her head yes.

"Watch out for your brother he's a carefree soul but he's loyal."

"I will" Plum said.

"Now how about you send this old orc off with a smile."

Plum stop crying and wiped away her tears. She tried to smile but could only cry. She took a deep breath and smile as big and wide as she could.

"That's my girl. This is how I want to remember you. Always with that big beautiful smile." Brandyl said.

Brandyl turned when he saw Plum was struggling to keep that beautiful smile on her face. She grabbed the back of Brandyl shirt and he stopped.

"Plum, please" he begged. "If you don't let me go now, I'll never be able to leave you."

Plum rested her forehead on Brandyl back then reluctantly let go of his shirt. She covered her mouth with both hands to muffle her sobs. Brandyl took a deep breath a walk away. He never looked back.

Orgul took Plum's hand and held it tight as they watch their father disappear out of view.

"You could have gone with him. Why didn't you?" Plum asked.

"Father deserves a carefree retirement, the last thing he needs now is to be worrying about me," Orgul said."Father will be fine," he squeezed Plum's hand. "He'll be fine."