Chapter 19

Gor'lok's head was pounding, he couldn't remember the last time he's had a good night's sleep. Deceiving the entire horde was not an easy thing to do.

Every night in his dreams he saw Urim coming for him, sneaking into his tent then strangling him to death with his bare hands.

Although it was just a dream and he knew it was nothing more than a dream, it scared him.

He had sent warrior after warrior, promising them riches if they could kill Urim but none of them have returned.

The horde was beginning to question Gor'lok's leadership and wonder if Urim was really dead. No one had seen his body. Not to mention the rumors that had already started.

Gor'lok needed to produce Urim's body.

"Another bad dream," Dura said, waking up from Gor'lok unsettling movements.

"It's the same every night," Gor'lok huffed, wiping the sleep from his eyes.

"We have every available orc out looking for him, don't worry we'll find him," Dura tried to comfort him.

"He's too strong," Gor'lok said. "If the horde finds out he's still alive-"

"They won't," Dura insisted. "That's why we're using the Stonefist orcs to find him so the Blood horde never finds out."

As long as he lives the horde will never accept me, Gor'lok thought.

"If only you had given him more poison." He said.

"We didn't know Plum would know it was poison. Let alone know the antidote," Dura replied.

"We have orcs out scouring the countryside looking for her."Gor'lok grunted.

"That elf has been a thorn in my side since the day Brandyl brought her home." Dura hissed. "When I find her I'll slit her throat right in front of her beloved Urim."

"As long as Urim lives the other Chieftains won't follow me." He said massaging his forehead.

"The loss of Agronsk's son has gotten the Stonefist horde on our side. Recruiting Gneth to our side was a smart move," she added.

"Merely coincidence and luck," Gor'lok sighed heavily "I knew Gneth hated Urim after he gave Plum the kill at the hunt, winning him to our side was easy enough. But I never imagined that he would go and get himself kill by Urim."

"Well, the other Chieftains will not fall in line so easily. As long as there's a chance that Urim is alive, they won't follow you. They will never admit it but they fear him, even without a horde to back him they fear him." Dura said.

"And rightly so, Urim is not one to be trifled with." Gor'lok

"Even the Chieftain fear him," Dura replied.

"They're afraid of betraying him," Gor'lok huffed. "We need to find that elf, increase the orcs we have looking for Plum. If it even looks like her I want her captured and brought to me." Gor'lok ordered.

The idea to usurp Urim seemed like a good idea when Dura was filling his head with ideas of being Chieftain. Urim made it look so easy. Gor'lok only saw the power and the respect that Urim commanded as Chieftain of the Blood Horde.

He never saw the problems, how to find and keep food for an entire horde. Property disputes between orcs, maintaining peace with the humans while they encroached on orc lands. How did Urim manage to handle it all?

This was not what he imagined when he conspired with Dura to kill Glasha and Urim. He was beginning to realize that the life he had with Glasha wasn't that bad. Had he put in the effort, he could have learned to be happy with her, he could have learned to love her.

But it was too late to turn back the seeds of deception had already been planted. There was nowhere to go now but forward.

"This is starting to become more trouble than it's worth." Gor'lok muttered.

"Don't give up yet my love," Dura whispered in his ear. "We've only just begun."

What have I gotten myself into? Gor'lok thought, this woman is trouble.