Chapter 21

Orgul slowly opened his eyes, his arm was throbbing and his back was on fire.

"Plum," Ogrul called struggling to sit up. "Plum," he called again.

"Ogrul," Plum fall to her knees wide-eyed. "Thank goodness," tears flooded her eyes. "Thank goodness

"Water," he mumbled.

The water moistened his dry lips and soothe his burning throat.
"Plum? What happened? Why are you so fat?" Ogrul slowly lowered the water bowl from his lips.

"You jerk," Plum hugged him tight.

The day he almost died replayed in his mind. With everything that has happened he was overjoyed to see his sister's smiling face when he woke up.

"How long have I been out?" Orgul carefully examined his well-mend arm.

"A few days now." Plum felt his forehead and cheeks for fever. "The healers stitched you up the best they could but..." Plum offered him another sip of water.

"I may never be able to use it again." Orgul's chin sank into his chest.

"It's too soon to know, so just put that out your mind for now."

Orgul looked at his arm and laughed.
"Here you are worried about me in your condition." Ogrul smiled. "How far along are you?"

"Seven months now," Plum beamed.

"I'm going to be an uncle," he smiled. "Does Urim know?"

"He does," she smiled.

"Good for him, an orc needs to no what he's fighting for. Where's the old orc?" Orgul tried to get up.

"Orgul," Plum gently tried to force him back down. "He's speaking with Chieftain Torgan, and you need to rest. You shouldn't be trying to get up."

"The Chieftains will want to hear what I have to say. You will too." He added.

Plum thought for a moment never had she seen Ogrul eyes look so serious. He was always a carefree happy orc with no interest in fighting, no interest in war, and no interest in becoming Chieftain.

"Ok," Plum reluctantly agreed with a disapproving sigh.

She helped him to his feet and lead him to Chieftain Torgan's tent.

Orgul had always been a kind and gentle soul. He was the first to accepted Plum into the horde without question. He always showed her kindness and never treated her as anything but his sister. It pained Plum to see him this way.

"Son," Brandyl jumped to his feet surprised to see Orgul up and about already. "You should be resting."

"I'm fine," Ogrul said as Plum help him sit. "I'm sorry for the intrusion." Orgul rubbed his throbbing arm.

"Dura nearly took my arm."
The tent fall silent, Plum locked eyes with her father.

"Son" Brandyl grunted. "Maybe your mistaken, but Dura wasn't there."

"She was, who do you think ordered the orcs to attack me? She was there." Orgul sternly added. " and now she knows exactly where Urim is heading."

"So she chose not to reveal herself, smart move." Chieftain Torgan replied. " and now Urim may be walking into a trap."

"Very smart," Orgul insisted. "being that she was the one that started this whole thing. She killed Glasha first then tried to kill Urim."

"I knew it," Plum whispered.

"And they would have succeeded, except Plum realize right away that Urim had been poisoned," Orgul said.

"Gor'lok later tried to kill me, when he came to finish the job," Plum added. "Urim was able to stop him. After that, I took Urim and fled Dimmore as quickly as I could. Gor'lok said he was going to kill me then Orgul."

"Damn them!" Brandyl slammed his fist into the ground. "They tried to kill my children. That can't... no," he shook his head, "it won't go unpunished."

"I'm only alive because you two showed up when you did." Orgul exhaled deeply. "What were you guys doing there anyway?"

"We were looking for Urim" Plum smiled. "But found you instead."

"And I'm glad you did." Orgul smiled.

"Truthfully son, you should be thanking Chieftain Torgan. If not for him I doubt me and Plum would have been able to fight that many orcs off." Brandyl folded his arms.

"Thank you Chieftain," Orgul replied without hesitation. "Not just for me but for my family too. They're all I have."

Brandyl smiled, he thought he was going to lose his son that day.

"But," Orgul continued. "Gor'lok ultimate goal is to kill Urim."

"Why?" Chieftain Torgan asked.

"All this happened because of Dura's jealously. She was so sure that she was going to marry Urim. She even told me as much. Chieftain," Plum slightly leaned forward. "You said that Urim was on his way back to Dimmore. You've seen him then."

"I have little one" Torgan smiled.

Plum's eyes widen and she leaned forward again, "How is he?"

"He misses you deeply and he beamed brighter than the sun when he said you carried his child."

"Thank goodness," Plum smiled to herself.

"But," Ogrul interrupted. "Dura knows that Chieftain Urim is on the way back to Dimmore and they'll be waiting for him. And with the Stonefist horde allied..."

Plum's eyes widen, "Why would Chieftain Agronsk ally himself with Gor'lok?" Plum interrupted. "Doing something like that would raise suspicion among the other hordes. Is Gor'lok trying to start a war?"

The room fall silent Brandyl crossed his arms and a low growl escaped his throat when Orgul and Chieftain Torgan look to him to deliver the news.

"Plum," Brandyl looked down at the little one growing inside her. "Urim killed Chieftain Agronsk's son."

"What!" Plums shoulders slumped forward.

"Plum, you really didn't know?" Orgul asked.

Plum shook her head no, speechless to learn what Urim had done.

"He probably wanted to protect you." Brandyl tried to comfort her.

"I know," Plum said. "I trust Urim, not only is he my husband but he's Chieftain of the Blood horde."

"But he goes to face them alone," Orgul replied.

"He won't die," Plum smiled. "So let's just believe in him, OK."

Chieftain Torgan erupted in laughter.
"No wonder why Chieftain Urim fights so hard. If I had a wife like you I'd fight just as hard."

Chieftain Torgan rose to his feet and stood in front of Plum."Whatever you decide to do, know that you have the full support of the Bonecrusher's horde behind you. So," Torgan gazed down at Plum. "Plum Apricot, what will you do?"