Chapter 14

Plum steadied her bow even though she was freezing cold, she was able to remain perfectly still. She took in a deep breath and released her arrow. She was becoming good at hunting rabbits.

She couldn't keep stealing from the farm, eventually, they would notice and she didn't want to wander too far from the cave. She'd seen the footprints in the snow, Gor'lok was looking for them.

Plum kept the cave well hidden but she often had to leave to find food and supplies. She was eating more and more and Urim could wake up at any moment and he'd have an appetite of a steepsaaker when he did.

Plum took the rabbit by the ears and removed the bow and place it back in her quiver. She stuffed the rabbit in her bag then covered any signs of the kill or that she was there.

She was able to kill two more rabbits before returning to the cave.

Plum's ears pricked forward at the sound of voices near the cave. She ducked behind a tree and watch carefully.

Her heart was racing, Gor'lok was within inches of the cave entrance. She gripped her bow, knowing she would never be able to fight him with just a bow. She tried stayed as still and quiet as she could.

Her hands shook with fear as she tried to notch her bow. The last time she saw Gor'lok he tried to kill her.

Luckily he never saw the cave or Plum. Knowing Gor'lok was searching for them gave Plum an unsettling feeling.

Gor'lok knew they couldn't have gone far, and once the snow melted the cave would easily be visible. She could only hope that Urim would be awake by then.

When Plum was sure Gor'lok was far enough away she returned to the cave. She took a deep breath as her heart rate begin to return to normal, that was to close.

"Plum," Urim called in a weak raspy voice.

Plum gasped and tears flooded flooded her eyes, Urim was setting up looking at her with a look of utter confusion. She dropped everything, fell to her knees wrapped her arms around Urim's neck and hugged him tight.

Urim didn't know why she was crying but he held her anyway.

His eyes widened at her touch. He gently pushed her away and opened her fur skinned coat.

Plum gently rubbed her belly, "I'm pregnant" she said nervously laughing through her tears.

"How long was I out?" Urim asked.

"Three months," Plum replied.

"Three months," Urim said."Plum, what happened? Tell me everything."

"What's the last thing you remember?" Plum said.

"I remember, looking for Glasha, and I think I saw Dura. It's all a haze."

Plum took a deep breath, "you were poisoned, three months ago."

"Poisoned!?" Urim replied. "Dura," he grunted. "She poisoned me, I think"

"And Gorl'lok" Plum said. "He," she hesitanted to tell him the rest.

"He," Urim repeated encouraging her to go on.

"I think he killed Glasha then tried to kill you... and me." Plum whispered the last part.

"What!" Urim clenched his fist. His breathing intensified. "I remember that,"

"You save my life," Plum said.

"And what of the horde?" Urim asked.

"From what little information I've heard the Blood Horde is in disarray. At war with themselves with most of the horde remaining loyal to you. But who knows what lies Gor'lok has spread among the horde," Plum said.

Urim released a low grunt, mad and frustrated with himself for not seeing this coming and putting Plum is such a situation.

Plum climbed in Urim's lap and held him tight.

"I love you," Plum said.

Urim's eyes widened, it was the first time he heard those words from her. Plum could care less whether or not he said it back. She just needed him to know. She hoped and prayed Urim would get better but his death was always in the back of her mind. She was grateful that his death was something she wouldn't have to deal with.

"I love you too", Urim said holding her close to his chest.

Urim watched Plum's every move, his eyes wandering around the cave then back to her.

She was oblivious to Urim's stare as she prepared dinner, rabbit stew.

"How did you get me here?" Urim asked.

"Believe it or not you walked or more like stumbled." She replied. "Passed out right when I got you here."

Urim was truly amazed by his wife. Compared to an orc she seemed weak and fragile but she had to be the strongest woman he ever met. He had a newfound respect for her.

Plum fixed Urim a bowl of rabbit stew he was so hungry he practically inhaled it.

"This is really good," Urim said.

"Thank you," Plum replied.

"But then again I'm starving," he laughed.

Plum pour Urim another bowl, there was plenty.

"You've had a rough time of it," Urim said staring down at his stew. "And yet you only worried about me."

He handed her the bowl of stew.

"Your eating for two now," Urim said.

She knew better than to argue she took the stew and eat as Urim poured himself another bowl. He watched her and made sure she finished off every last bite.

     It was a sleepless night for Urim, he wanted nothing more than to kill Gor'lok and Dura. But he wasn't in any kind shape to do that now. Above all he had to protect Plum, she was carrying his child he had to keep her safe.

Urim sighed heavily with frustration and uncertainty.

"Can't sleep?" Plum asked.

"Did I wake up?" Urim replied taking her hand when she placed it on his chest.

"I can't sleep you're tossing and turning," Plum replied.

"Sorry, I'm just trying to figure out our next move."

"You're going after Gor'lok?" Plum said.

"Do you even need to ask," Urim said.

"No," she replied.

"We can't stay here, it too close to Dimmore," Urim said.

"And the patrols are venturing closer and closer to the cave each day," Plum added. "I saw Gor'lok today, he looking for us."

"Hmmmm," Urim sighed.

"We could go to Cirrane," Plum said.

"Cirrane, why Cirrane?" He asked.

"My father is there, and Orgul, if he's still alive I'm sure he making his way there, if he's not there already," Plum said.

"Brandyl," he smirked. "And your sure he's there,"

"He always talked about it, I'm sure that's where he is," Plum said.

"Cirrane is far enough that Gor'lok would never think to look for us there," Urim said.

"You could recover and I can give birth in peace without worry," Plum said.

"That's not a bad idea" Urim replied. "But it will be a long journey."

"I'll be fine," Plum interrupted. "I'm more worried about you."

"Just give me a few days and I'll be fine." Urim insisted.

    Protecting his family was all that mattered now. He would need a lot of rest and energy, they both would to make the long journey to Cirrane.