Chapter 27: Gifts and farewell (2)

A/N: This is the second part of the last chapter. Hope you like it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next one was Sam. "For my true hero Samwise Gamgee, I have a special gift." Said Niphredil and Tauriel handed her a small palm-sized box . Niphredil took Sam's hand and put the box in his palm. "don't be worry. It won't make you disappointed. you will need it soon." Said Niphredil with a smile.

Sam opened the carved lid and his eyes widened instantly and he gasped. Frodo, Pippin, and Merry peeked at his gift and they all smiled. Frodo patted Sam's back.

Inside of the box, in the middle of crimson velvet, a golden Ring had stood proudly with a diamond carved like a rose on it.

"give it to Rosie. I'm sure she will accept it. How can she reject the man with such a golden heart like you?" smiled Niphredil.

Sam closed the lid and pressed the box to his heart like it was his most precious property. His face was red but his eyes were shining from happiness. "Thank you, my Lady." He said.

Niphredil bent down and kissed his head. "I wish whenever you see it i
on her hand you will remember me."

"I will. How can I forget the beautiful Elven Lady who had saved mine and Mr. Frodo's life?" said Sam with tearful eyes.

Niphredil looked at Frodo who was standing next to Sam and was looking at her with a smile. She knelt in front of him.

"for you Frodo Baggins, I have no gift more precious than the one I have already given to you." she said and touched the light pink prism on his neck. It glowed brightly and you can say happily under her fingers, happy to be touched by its true owner.

"It was a beacon of hope for me. A rescue rope in dark times. I surely would have failed if I didn't have this. I would have failed without you, Niprhedil." Said Frodo and took the pendant in his hand.

Niphredil kissed his forehead. "You would have succeed even without this, Frodo. Your pure and strong soul would have succeed. Never doubt it." said Niphredil and put her hand on the prism. "As a gift, I want to renew my oath to you. As long as I'm in these shores, whenever you need me, just call me. You know how to do it." She whispered the last part and even when she took away her hand, the prism was still glowing.

Frodo leaned and hugged Niphredil tight. "thank you, Niphredil. for everything." He said.

Niphredil caressed his curly hair fondly. "you are the most welcome, my dear." she said.

The last one in the row was Aragorn. He resembled his kin Elendil a lot in those elegant clothes. "Well, Aragorn son of Arathorn. Long way we came from Imladris where you were still afraid to accept your title, and now look at you. you have changed a lot, my friend." She said.

"we all have changed." Said Aragorn with a smile but Niphredil could see a great sadness in the depth of his eyes.

"That night in Minas Tirith I told you I will give you three gifts. I have given you one." Said Niphredil and pulled out something from a pocket in her cloak. She took Aragorn's hand, put it in his palm and closed his fist around it and took his hand in hers. "This, is my second gift for you, Elesar. May it be a sign of hope for you. Keep it safe this time."

Niphredil released his hand and Aragorn opened his fist slowly. what he saw in his palm made his heartbeat quicker. He looked at Niphredil with surprised eyes.

"this ..." he tried to talk but failed.

"The light of Undómiel." Said Niprhedil.