Olivia's Reappearance

I lay there on the floor sobbing. I wanted to die. I can't believe this. I had let a man rape me. It was like 45 minutes I laid there before Olivia came back. She opened my apartment door and yelled my name noticing I wasn't on the couch.

Olivia: Amanda? Hello are you here?

She walked right past me and into my bedroom not even noticing me. She walked out and saw me lying on the floor with beer cans and a knife lying beside me. She saw that I had cut myself. They weren't deep cuts but it was enough for the pain to go away.

Olivia: HOLY SHIT! AMANDA!!!

She sprinted into the kitchen and got down beside me. She attempted to pick me up but failed because I wasn't cooperating. I just wanted to lay there and cry forever and never have to face the world again.

Olivia: Amanda. Honey please get up. Please.

She pulled me to my feet and I was wobbly because of the alcohol. She walked me over to a drawer and got out two dish towels and wet them with water. She wiped the small amount of blood off of my wrists with them. It stung so bad. I actually screamed.

Me: OW FUCK! THAT BURNS OLIVIA STOP IT!

Olivia: Amanda calm down! I have to clean the cuts so they don't get infected!

She sat me in a chair at the table and went into the bathroom. She walked out with a bottle of peroxide. My heart sank. I hated peroxide. It stung so bad and burned.

Me: No. No Olivia I refuse.

Olivia: Amanda. I have to wash out your cuts to clean out the bacteria. It's not going to sting I promise.

I knew she was lying but I gave her my wrists anyways. There was no use arguing with her. She always won our fights. She got a clean dish towel and poured some of the peroxide on it. She scrubbed both of my wrists. My eyes began to water because of the burning sensation. I couldn't take it anymore so I jumped up.

Me: Ow ow ow ow ow ow!!!!!!!

I ran over to the sink and turned on cold water and stuck my wrists underneath of it. It felt so much better. The burning was gone and I dried off my wrists. Olivia motioned me to sit back down so I did.

Olivia: Amanda. Why would you hurt yourself like that?

I began to cry and explain through my loud sobs as she gave me a huge hug.

Me: I-I couldn't l-live with myself anymore Olivia! I l-let a man r-rape me! I didn't do anything! I tried to fight back but he was too strong! I simply froze and laid there like a damn idiot!

Olivia: Amanda sweetie. It's not your fault. He overpowered you because you were horrified. That happens all the time. There was nothing you could do. Honey, don't hurt yourself over the things he did to you. Stay strong. YOUR'E THE STRONGEST PERSON I KNOW FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!

I stared at Olivia for the longest time before I hugged her. I agreed to get counseling and to not hurt myself. She took all of my alcoholic drinks and dumped them down the sink and threw the bottles and cans away. She got rid of it because she didn't want me drinking. We both sat on the couch and I pulled my sweater sleeves down. She hugged me again and kissed my forehead.

Olivia: Everything will be alright. I promise.

I said nothing and sat there sobbing and shaking. After a while I looked up and asked a question.

Me: So...um...does everyone else know yet?

Olivia: I'm not exactly sure. I don't know if your kit got to the precinct yet. I'll call Nick and find out.

*PHONE CALL*

Nick: Yeah Liv?

Olivia: Nick. Um. Did you guys get a rape kit in yet?

Nick: Not that I know of...wait yeah it just came in. W-wait a minute. Amanda Rollins.

(He had read the name on the kit)

Nick: Olivia what the hell is going on?

Olivia: No time to explain. Just run the kit and we will explain later.

She hung up the phone and looked at me.

Olivia: They got the kit and they are putting a rush on the results. We have to go down to the precinct tomorrow to get your statement.

I got up off the couch and went into the bathroom. I felt sick to my stomach. Everyone knew that I had been raped. I looked at myself in the mirror and started crying again. I wiped my tears and exited the bathroom and entered my bedroom. I changed into my pajamas. I put on my purple pajama pants and shirt that had blue diamonds all over them. I didn't want to go anywhere today so what was the point of wearing clothes? I went into the living room and laid on the couch. Olivia sat next to me patting me on the back. She said reassuring words as I lay there. Saying things like:

"It'll be okay." or "We'll get him don't worry."

I laid there. I wanted to cry but I held it back. I had to stay strong. I closed my eyes. 5 minutes later I was fast asleep.

*AUTHOR'S NOTE*

I hope you guys are enjoying this. I am loving writing this for you all! Any suggestions, comments? Thanks for reading guys! I'll update more either later tonight or tomorrow!!