Chapter 13: The Warning

"Why would she come here?" I asked no one in particular while pacing. Chris was sitting on the couch, and Carl was standing with his arms folded. Will was gone because he had classes and I didn't tell him that his sister had visited me. I knew it was lying by omission but what choice did I have. I didn't want him to get excited because I thought I saw her. If she was working with the enemy, I had to keep Will safe too. Even if she was his sister, she could try to harm him. I would never want him to get hurt because of his love. But that did not mean, Will wasn't hiding something. Everybody had an ulterior motive.

"Maybe she wanted to meet her brother?"

"Seriously Chris? Then why did she come to my room? What do you think? Isn't she dangerous though? That's why someone was after her, right?"

"Calm down. Maybe she is dangerous or maybe not. How can we prejudge her before meeting her. Most of the people who are considered dangerous aren't dangerous. They are misjudged in my opinion. Ask Carl if you want."

Carl just shrugged as he answered, "Even if she has dangerous powers, she is just like us. She wants to fit in and her bullies make it hard. Imagine how it must have felt for her when she had to continuously move away. No matter how much Will pretends to be cool about that, she must be blaming herself. We know this considering we are brothers." He said pointing at himself and Chris to which Chris nodded.

They were like twins sometimes. But he was right. She must have experiences like hell trying to fit in with people who only wanted to hurt her. And I was scared of her. I shouldn't have deemed her dangerous before getting to know her. She might have dangerously powerful powers but that didn't mean that all she wanted to do was hurt me. But it was true. People were scared of things they didn't understand.

"So what should I do now?"

"Nothing!"

I turned towards Chris, "What do you mean, nothing?"

"See, if it is really important, she will come back, right? Till then, we practice and learn our magic."

"Sure. Master Carl, let's start, shall we?" I was full of sarcasm.

Carl took us out into the lawn and made us meditate for fifteen minutes. Then he took us inside. The hall no longer looked like its previous furnishing. It was a classroom without any desks. Carl stood front of us and asked us to stand back because he had something to show.

He took out a bowl out of nowhere and set it onto his table. Ths bowl was nothing special, a steel one and it was empty. What were we learning, anyway?

"I want you to lift the bowl. Simple and easy."

He said it in a nonchalant way and I was surprised. It looked like an easy task but he wouldn't want us to do easy levitating stuff. It was like a puzzle. It had something hidden in plain sight. I looked towards Chris and he was also studying the bowl like me. What was so special about a steel bowl?

I wasn't getting anywhere with my internal monologue. I tried to feel its power but I felt nothing. This bowl was making me seriously angry. How could I lift it if I didn't know what kind of magic was blocking me? I was very happy that Chris wasn't succeeding either. He was my best friend and I took comfort in the fact that our magical powers were somewhat equal in magnitude.

Carl shook his head and waited for another thirty minutes. When he found no improvement, he finally gave up.

"We will do this tomorrow or when one of you figures out the trick."

Why would that bowl have a trick inside it? It was pretty straightforward in my opinion. That didn't mean I was a good judge of things like these. I wasn't in my right mind today. I was still mumbling to myself when a paper caught my eye  the newspaper wasn't anything special but the words were.

 I was still mumbling to myself when a paper caught my eye  the newspaper wasn't anything special but the words were

It looked like an advertisement motto, but to me, it was a message. Someone was warning me by attaching this piece of paper. But why? I wasn't in danger here. Chris and Carl were here. No one could hurt me when they were here. Why was I always in trouble?

Before I could say anything, Carl spoke, "Well I'm no Sherlock Holmes but I think someone is warning you."

"Sherlock Holmes?"

"I forget you only have cartoon knowledge. Not about other books or television shows here."

"Carl, start talking in a language I know. Why were you standing behind me?"

He raised an eyebrow.

"You were standing still like a statue. I had to take advantage and scare you. It's obvious."

"Are you sure you are my instructor? You play more pranks on me than your brother."

"He is stupid that way. I'm more fun-loving. So back to the note, what do you think?"

"What note?" Chris said. He was standing in the doorway holding a plate of apples. Now he would also know this and freak out.

"She has a warning issued in the newspaper. I'm amazed." Carl explained. He was the irritating brother I never had.

"Why are you amazed?"

"You haven't got any death threats in our world. But here, you got one in the newspaper. Isn't that amazing?"

He was right but I wasn't agreeing. That would mean I would get more irking comments on the matter.

"You have to be calm. Maybe its nothing. We can take precautions and if there really is threat, we can neutralize it." Chris said.

"What you just said is beyond ridiculous. Even Carl agrees with me. We can't keep quiet and wait till someone attacks us." I was aggravated.

"You are right but we can confuse them."

Author's note:

Author's note:

Thank you for reading. As always tell me what you think, please.

And why do you think Nova tried to meet Aria? Is Will a good guy?