Chapter 5:The Elemental

My day couldn't be anymore weird.Or at least I thought so. I was a Projector and also a Princess. And there was an evil guy hell bent on using me for his plans. Typical life in my opinion considering I didn't remember anything. I was doing good after knowing what was really happening. I felt betrayed but it didn't matter. There were many people risking their lives for me. I couldn't throw a tantrum because I wasn't the only one suffering.

I was sitting in my new room because I moved here recently. They did a good job making new memories for me. They made me think things were insignificant when I found something different. I didn't mind I didn't have friends in the school. I didn't mind that my aunt never spent time with me. I didn't mind that my life didn't make sense. The magic made me not think of everyday things. But apparently, it worked when I was confronted by someone.

The other weird thing was that I saw someone posting a missing poster on the walls. I was sitting near the window and saw a boy walking slowly. He looked worn out but he kept on moving. I couldn't see the poster properly, but it was a girl. He was looking very tired and like he was going to faint.

I ran downstairs and told Chris to come with me. He didn't ask any questions. We ran across the street towards where the guy fainted. There weren't any people outside. So Chris just levitated him. I didn't know he could do that. I didn't know many things anyway.

Mrs. Walker was standing near the door.

"Did you check him?"

"Yes!" Chris answered.

What check? I knew better than interrupting them. That answer must have been sufficient for Mrs. Walker because she nodded. Chris laid him on the couch, and I stood back. Mrs. Walker took the guy's hand and closed her eyes. She must have been a medic too.

"He will be up in fifteen minutes. I will talk to him after he wakes up. Both of you, out."

That wasn't a request.

We were standing on the porch. That guy would wake up anytime. Till she was done questioning, Mrs. Walker wouldn't allow us in.

"What did you mean by check?"

"To read his mind, of course."

"Okay, so what did you find?"

"Just that he is distraught by his sister's disappearance. And I found something else too. I mean it's hard to explain but I could feel his magical energy."

"What magic?"

"He is an elemental. We have different powers. Elemental deal with elements and we don't. We can do if we practise and if we have special power in that. Like I can read minds, elemental can't do that."

"Then what is his ability?"

"I don't know. If he had used his ability, I would have known. But he seems untrained."

"Let's see the poster."

The poster had a photograph of a beautiful girl. She seemed like she was in her twenties. She had kind face and smiling eyes.

Nova Martin

20 year old

Missing

Please contact Will Martin if seen

"How can she go missing? What do you think happened with them?"

"We can't say anything till he wakes up. He will tell us what happened. And he is in for a major news. I hope he takes it well."

We stood for what seemed like thirty minutes before Mrs. Walker gestured to come in.

He was sitting on the couch now. He had tired face but sparkling green eyes. He was older than us and as tall as Chris.

We sat in the armchairs and faced him.

"What do you want to know?"

"You are Will Martin."
Chris answered.

"Yes and my sister is missing. You know that already."

"What happened?"I asked him.

"Our parents died in a car crash and we are orphans. We travelled places and did some freelance jobs. We had enough money with us. We were living here for five months and two weeks ago, my sister didn't come back. She was out to get some materials. She didn't return."His voice broke.

"We will find her. And you are an Elemental?"Chris asked him.

"We both are. Our element is Air. We understood this in the last place we stayed. There was an incident and we found out about our magic. We immediately left that place and came back here."

"You did not train?"

"We didn't want to train. We were perfectly happy without all this. But now, someone took my sister. I don't know what to do."

"She will be fine because she is an Elemental. Your powers would help you if you are in danger."

"So you guys are Projectors? You helped me, thank you so much. Mrs.Walker told me that you were interning here."

I nodded along because I couldn't blow my cover. Whatever Mrs. Walker said, I would stand by that. It was good that she introduced us. And he knew about Projectors. He didn't seem surprised.

"You need to rest. We can talk later about things."

Mrs. Walker was right. We could talk later.

A question was interrupting my thoughts. I finally decided to ask Chris.

"Wouldn't Savir find us if he checked this place. There wouldn't be many people named Aria and Chris here?"

"That is something you shouldn't worry about. Because as far as you are concerned, the back up plans have their own back up plans. To answer your question, there are decoys. It wouldn't be easy to know who we really are. If anyone sees us, they would see someone else. But people who know, they will see the real us."

That explained why no one was bothered that we didn't change our names. That brought me to another question. How did I look? Did my face change?

I would have to read more in my book. It would certainly contain information about different projections which could be used in this scenario. I returned to my room and sat again by the window. I could still see the poster. I could see her smile and couldn't help but worry.

What happened to you, Nova?

Author's note:

Hey everyone!
What did you think? Please tell me your thoughts.
:) :) :)
Thank you so much user43418715
❤❤❤