Chapter Four

Mr. Solomon:

I was about to talk to her. I was going to talk to my baby. I was going to hear my baby girl's voice. It made me smile. "Hello?" she said. I was trying my best not to cry. "This is Joseph Solomon. I believe you're my daughter Jessie." I said trying to sound professional. "I am. Your comfirming it. I know the computer said I was but you can't really trust a computer. A voice is much better for this type of thing. You spared my mom's life and you . . . you created me." I smiled as she said this. "I'm sorry." I said. "For what?" she asked and I couldn't help but let a tear roll down my face. "For not being there. For not being a father to you. You deserve a lot better." more tears rolled down my face. "I'm not mad. I understand. Your a spy, it's not safe for your kid to have a spy as a parent until they're ready to slow down. But you couldn't so you kept your distance. It's okay, daddy. It's okay. I'm fine with the dad I have." she said. The tears came down harder. "You know I've always been there. " I said and I heard her laugh. "I know. I first notice you watching me around the same time every year when I was 12." I laughed. "You're not crying are you?" I said. She laughed again "I'm a Solomon, I don't cry." I laughed again. "I love you, Jessie.". I smiled as she said "I love you too, daddy. I'm gonna get us out of this. I'm gonna keep Cammie and Zach safe, I promise. You kept me safe, it's time for me to keep you safe.". With that she was gone. I punched the wall. A knock came on the door. "Joe, are you okay?" Rach asked as she came in. She pointed at the wall and said "There's a whole in your wall.". "Can you fit in it?" I asked. We both laughed as she put her hand in it and said "Doesn't look like it.". She sat down on the desk next to me and we starred at the whole. " So both our daughters are in danger.". "Yep." I said popping the p. "You scared?" she asked after a while of staring at the whole. I finally looked at her. "Don't you try lying I will know." she said. " Your one of a kind you know. But the answer to your question is no. I'm a Solomon, I don't get scared." I said with a sad smile. "Liar. But just know that I'm here for you, and if you need me to I will hold you while you cry." she said. "I love you." I looked back the whole "I love you too. But if I find out you have an another kid I'm gonna kill you my dang self." I smiled at her threat. As Rach left Rebecca came in. "I have come to give I'm gonna bring your kid home I want my bracelet back speech." She said. I laughed "Is it going to be like Rachel's?" I asked. "No. Joseph stop being normal. Stop being the heartless, soulless, emotionless, full time spy Joseph Solomon. I don't want that one, I don't want Mr. Solomon the teacher. I want Joe Solomon the emotional parent that is afraid he's going to lose his daughter. The students won't worry about you because you're Mr. Solomon you are always okay. I need you to not be normal. I saw a side of you today that I didn't think was actually there. You go back to being normal then you're gonna drive yourself crazy." she said. She was asking me to not be normal, when she asked Townsend, Abby, and Rachel to be normal. "Rebecca, what do you mean?" I asked. "YOUR WIFE WANTS TO BE THERE FOR YOU, JUST LET HER BE!!! YOU'RE AN CLOSED ENVELOPE ADDRESSED TO HER. BUT YOU REFUSE TO OPEN UP FOR HER TO HELP. YOU'RE SCARED JUST AMMIT IT!!!" she yelled then took a seat. "She wants to help you and you need to let her. She knows your scared and she just wants someone to be scared with. She understands what you're going through. She has Cammie as a daughter." she said with a little laugh. "Quite the hypocrite. You are a closed envelope too. Still running from your worries, Bex?" I said. " Actually no. I've taken up talking to my best friends about my worries." she said. " Your not letting him in. You love him and he wants to be there for you yet you don't let him." she smiled at my statement. "Mr. Solomon, the difference between our situations is one, I'm not married to Grant and two he hurt me and I'm not exactly ready to forgive him for that. Mrs. Morgan did nothing to you." then she got up and went to the door. With her head half turned she said "Stay here, Joe. Don't go searching. I'll bring them back, I promise.". "He loves you, you know." I said making sure she knew. Grant has been calling for the past two years asking if I knew how she was doing. Her parents ignored his called until Abe finally said if he called again he would stab Grant in the face. "Sure." was Rebecca's reply. Then she left. I got up and went to see Rachel. Then I realized I haven't given Rebecca's bracelet back to her. As I passed her I stuffed it in her pocket. When I walked in to our beautiful room, I found Rach on the bed looking at the roof playing with her ring. I laid down on next to her. "I'm scared." I said calmly as we both stared at roof. "She'll be fine." She said grabbing my hand. "You're not scared you'll never see them again?" I asked. "I'm scared they're gonna come back hurt. Rebecca's on it, so that helps. I have Cammie for a daughter." She laughed before saying "After a while you know she's coming back. You don't know if she'll be as fresh as a daisy. They're with Zach. That kid would do anything for my daughter. And someone she cares about. Remember the time Zach lost Cam at the circus he was spinning in circles turns out she was just in the bathroom." We both laughed. "I can tell Cam cares for Jessie." She said. "How do you know?" I asked. "She made a promise. Cammie only makes promises to people she cares about. How was Rebecca's speech?" She said. "I owe her an apology." I said. I decided to apologize in the morning. Right then I just wanted to hold my wife.

Hey Rebecca1071 sorry for the short chapter. But I hope you liked it. It focuses more on Joe. I wanted to show he was emotional. Hopefully I did. I'll update soon. 😀 Rebecca1071 out. I know I'm weird. 😄😄😄