Chapter Eleven

Bex:

I walked into the room and Grant was lying on the bed staring at the ceiling. I lied next to him. "Hi." I said. "Hi... Are you okay?" He asked. "Yeah, nothing a talk with my best friend couldn't fix.". "So you talked with Cammie?" he still stared at the ceiling. "Zach.". "That's cool." He said quietly. "Grant, if you want to talk about it just say so." I told him looking at him now. "I want to talk about it." he still stared at the ceiling. "You have to say what it is. Otherwise I have no idea what you're talking about." I turned my head back to the ceiling. I didn't have to look to see the annoyance in his face. "I'm not saying it.". "Saying it is admitting it happened. Say it.". "No." He said sternly. "Say. It.". "Stop asking." his voice was firm and stern. He said he wanted to talk about it but refuses to actually say what 'it' is. "Then we won't talk about it." I said firmly. "Oh come on, Bex. Don't be like that.". "Be like what, Grant? All I'm asking is for you to say it. I don't even want to talk about it, but I know you do. So I'm making an effort. It's not a one way street, Grant." I snapped. "You know, you're not exactly saying it either." He said rather loudly. I jumped out of the bed. "I have accepted it. I know it happened. I was raped. I was raped. I was raped. I was raped. I was raped. I'll scream from the top of a building if you'd like. I was raped!" I screamed. "And I wish it didn't happen. I didn't want to lose my virginity like that. And all I'm asking is for you to say is 'I want to talk about you getting raped.'. It's not hard to say, Grant. I don't think you want to accept it." I paused looking at him. He was still looking at the ceiling. "Can you look at me for one second?" Grant still stared at the ceiling. I stiffed a laugh "Didn't think so. I knew you wouldn't be able to look at me after it happened. You know what? I'm gonna go hang out with Cammie and Zach. If you want to talk about it, then come tell me. And if you decide you don't, I will drop it, I will forget about it. It's not a one way street, Grant. It will never be a one way street. I knew you weren't gonna be able to look at me. I'm just... I'm just gonna go, I mean, what's the point of me being here if you can't even look at me?" I said the last two sentences quieter than I was when I started my voice cracking a little. I headed towards the door as a tear rolled down my face. "I want to talk about you getting raped." he said in a very quiet voice. I turned around wiping away the tears on my face. "What was that?" I asked. He sat up, walked over to me, grabbed my hands and looked me strait in the eye. "I want to talk about you getting raped." He said quite louder this time. "Ok. What do you want to know?". "How?" I pulled him over to the bed and sat. "You want me to tell you the story?" I asked. "Yeah, we'll start with that." he said nodding. "I woke up and I was, um, strapped to the bed." I began. I couldn't look at him while I told him the story, so my eyes darted around the room looking for something to focus on, until they found the door. And it was like I could see it happening. "I tried moving , but I couldn't. And the guard... he put something that quickly paralyzed me. I couldn't feel my legs or my arms. I couldn't move, I couldn't defend myself. It made me feel weak, like I couldn't, I couldn't protect myself. It made me feel..." I paused trying to think of a word to describe it. "Worthless?" He asked.i nodded I didn't have to ask how he knew. "Cammie banged on the door and he ran before she got in. Next thing I remember is Cammie helping me take a shower and that was it." I paused. "I begged her. I pleaded for her not tell you. Her exacts words were: I don't make promises I can't keep. It's... embarrassing for me to be weak. I've always been able to protect myself, and when that's no longer the case I feel like hiding. I don't like feeling weak. That's why I don't wanna talk about it. I just wanna put it behind me, you know?" I finished. He nodded. "One last question, what does '50 times' mean?" He asked. "He put it in 50 times.". After that we just sat there staring at each other. "Hey," he said making sure he had my attention, while pulling me into his lap. He looked strait into my eyes as he said "I'm always gonna be able to look at you. You know why?" I shook my head. "Because you're the most beautiful person in the world. It's hard not to look at you.". I kissed him lightly.

The next morning I woke up with a muscular arm around my waist. Grant kissed me leaving a trail of kisses from my up shoulder to my cheeks. He kissed a sweet spot and automatically my body quivered. "I can get used this." I said smiling with my eyes close. "Good morning, British Bombshell." He whispered into my ear. "Shuuuuusssshh... maybe they won't wake us up if we go bad to sleep.".

Zach:

A few minutes after Bex left I heard yelling. "That must be going well." I thought to myself. "Zach is everything ok?" Cammie asked as she came out of the bathroom in a towel. "Yeah, they're just... talking.". "So she came out of her trance?" She asked as she began to get dressed. I stared at the ceiling. I've lived with Cammie for one and a half years, and yet I still feel awkward being in the same room as she gets dressed. Yes, the Zachary Goode feels awkward. I know its hard to believe. "Yeah. She came in here looking for you.". "Really?". "Really." I said knowing that wasn't what she wanted to hear. She then threw a pillow at my head. "Thank you, now I have something to rest my head on." I put the pillow behind my head. "And?" She asked now drying her hair. "I talked to her. Convinced her to talk to Grant. And now they're talking. I think it's going well.". She looked infuriated with her hair, as the brush she was using broke in her hair. I couldn't help but laugh. I guess it wasn't to smart because Cammie threw the handle of the brush at me. It hit me in the eye. "Ow." I said clutching my eye. I got up and took the brush out of her hair. "This is the third time that has happened. I swear they get these brushes from the 99¢ store." She said grabbing another brush. "Let me help you." Is aid sitting her down grabbing the brush from her. "Are you sure Bex is ok?" She asked. "The yelling stopped." I said gently brushing her hair. "Should we check on them?" She asked. "No, we have to let them work it out.". "Do you think they'll be alright?" She asked. "I don't know.". We sat in silence as I finished brushing Cammie's long thick hair. "Thank you." She said quietly. "You looked like you needed help." She hit me. It was getting late so we lied down. Cammie began to fall asleep. I brushed her hair behind her ear. "Thank you, Zach." She mumbled. "For what?" I asked. "For being you." She snuggled into me more. "Well I wouldn't be me if it weren't for you." I said kissing her on the head.