Chapter Six

Bex:

Am I ready? Could I do it? Would I be happy? Do I forgive him? I kept asking myself these questions as we drove back to school. "Five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred minutes. Five hundred twenty five thousand moments so dear. Five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred minutes, how do you measure, measure a year?" Liz's ringtone distracted me. "The plane is ready, I checked it and every thing is in perfect shape. You ready to go? Ready to fly away from the nest yet again?" Liz said. "Oh, Lizzie, don't get emotional on me. We're gonna come beck and when we do we'll have Cammie with us, and Zach, and Jessie." I said while smiling at the thought of my best friend and her idiotic but some what a friend of mine boyfriend coming home. My phone buzzed. "Lizzie I got another call, I call you back later." I said then hung up. "Baxter?" I answered. "Hey Bex. It's Sal.". Hasina Shai (nicknamed Sal), the very special girl I once saved. "I needed an update on your life so I called. So how's life?" Sal said. "You always need updates on my life. When am I going to get an update on yours?" I said, we were now at the gates of the school. "Who's that?" Grant asked. "Well I hate my school. So nothing has changed. Still hate my name, I mean who would like a name that means good destiny? Anyway there's your life update, now where's mine? And who was that in the background? It sounded like a guy? Rebecca Baxter are you finally with a guy?" Sal said. "Finally? No I'm with Grant. Newman. And I think your name means you're destined for greatness, to do something great, you're destined to do something great for the world. I can't blame you for-" Sal then cut me off. "Hold up go back. Wait a minute did you say Grant Newman? The Grant Newman that hurt you? The Grant Newman that left you after graduation without even saying he wasn't going with you? The Grant Newman I swore to kill if I ever met him? The Grant Newman-" I was tired of the Grant Newman thing so I interrupted "Hasina Shai! Shut up, yes that Grant Newman. And it's not that big of a de-" I said but was then cut off. "Put me on speaker." I did as she said. "Grant this is my friend Hasina Shai, call her Sal if don't Hasina Shai to be the last words you say." I said. "Grant Newman, you suck!" with that she hung up. "Sorry she doesn't like new people. Anyway hurry up and pack your bags we're leaving in twenty minutes." I said getting out of the car. We didn't waste time, we were on our way to L. A. I was lying the co-pilots chair when I heard someone enter the cockpit. They slid their arm around my waist and said "Don't kill me.". It was Grant. "You're still mad at me aren't you?" he asked. I could see a sad look on his face. "I don't know what you are talking about Grant. What would I possibly be mad at you for?" I asked. "For graduation, for not going to MI6 with you." I sat up. "What do you want Grant?" I asked irritatedly. "I want you. I've always wanted you, since the day I saw you I wanted you! I want you to be happy. I want to find our friends so you can stop worrying. I want to be with you. I want you to stop being mad.". I was about to leave when he pushed me against the wall and looked me in the eye. "I. Want. You. Do you get that, I want you." He said we stood there like that looking into each others eyes, me breathing in as he breathed out. Finally he kissed me. I don't think he planed on hurting me, I don't think I was mad anymore. "No, I'm not mad at you anymore. I'm just a little stressed." I said. He laughed and said "I wouldn't say a little stressed. You are very stressed.". "What made you think I was still mad at you?" I asked. Because there's no way he could have known unless I'm thinking out loud again, am I? "Yes you are, but that's not how I know. I know you, I can tell when you're upset, and then well that whole thing in the car. Again with the thinking out loud. And that last question got me thinking." he said now moving away from me. "I really need to work on that." I smiled. "Bex! Grant! Turn the plane around! Turn the plane around!" Layla was yelling. When I opened the door Layla was making her way over to me falling in the process. "Turn the plane around!" She yelled again. "Calm down. Why do we have turn the plane?" I said thinking she forgot something important at Gallagher. "She's not in L. A. We just singled out her actual signal and it's not in L.A." she said. "Where are they then?" I asked. "Well I don't exactly know or understand. They're in a very secluded area. It has two clearings. It looks as if it has a stone house on the property." I looked at a picture she had pulled up a few seconds later. It was the stone house. It couldn't be. Why would they take her there? "We need to get her out of there as soon as possible." I said loudly. "Why?" Mary Ann asked. "Do you who Cammie Morgan is? Do you know her past?" I asked. "Of course, she's a legend." she said. "Then you know she was tortured?" they nodded. "That is the place she was tortured at, and where her dad died and was buried at." I said. Then I realized what she was probably feeling. "That's an eight hour flight." Grant said. That was too long. I took deep breaths, and closed my eyes while clinching my fist. "What's she doing?" Crystal asked. "Controlling her anger, she has a small anger problem. She's learned that if she closes her eyes, takes deep breaths, clinched her fists, and breaks something she won't be as mad. Here." Macey said handing me a computer. As I broke it in half Jonas realized it was his. "My computer.". "Sorry Jonas."
Cammie:
Five hours after Jessie's talk with her dad I went to sleep. They must've put a sleeping drug in our food. I woke up in the stone house. She stood there Zach next to her. He looked sick. "Cammie dear, are you awake now?" Cathrine said realizing I was up, smirking. "Is he okay?" I asked. Zach was sweating, he looked as if he was dehydrated, and was slightly green. "He will be if you decide to help him." She said. "What did you do?" I screamed. Tears filled my eyes but didn't leave them out. "You see I gave him this poison, but if you tell me what you know, I'll give him the antidote. Tell me what you know, Cammie! Who are they?!" She yelled getting closer and closer with Zach. "I don't know what you're talking about!" I said. Zach looked worse up close. "So you're just gonna let Zachary die? Huh? You're gonna let him die? You love don't you? You love him?" She screamed. I nodded looking at Zach, slowly but surely his breath was slowing down. "Then why don't you save him? It's all up to you. Cameron. Tell me what you know. Who are they, Cammie?!". "I don't know! I don't know! I don't know anything!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. She took out a needle and a bottle of drugs. She stuck the needle into the bottle. I realized what she was doing. "What kind of sick bastard kills her own son?" I asked as she injected the needle into Zach's arm. "You caused this! You could have told me and I would have saved him! This is your fault Cammie!" She yelled before leaving the room. I crawled over to Zach. "Zach. We're gonna get through this. Just hang on okay. We're gonna get through this." I grabbed his hand. He squeezed it. "Zach? Zach please. Please. Now is not the time! Zachary Goode answer me! For God sake, answer me. Answer me. Please. Please. Please. Please." I said finally letting the tears fall, realizing he was gone. I cried out in pain, although Cathrine didn't cause me physical harm she had broken my heart. "Zach!" I screamed. Then I truly woke up, screaming. Zach ran over to me. I curled up into a ball. "You were dead." Was all I would say whirl rocking back and forth in a ball. Zach threw his arms around me saying "I'm her Gallagher Girl. I'm here.". He whisper it over and over again. He whispered sweet things. I sat there rocking repeating "You were dead. You were dead. You were dead.".