Chapter Five

Grant:

Trying to walk with Macey is extremely hard. "So do I have permission?" I asked. Macey looked at me. "Not now." She said. "What do you mean?" I asked. I needed permission from Macey, Liz, Cammie, Mr. Baxter, Mrs. Baxter, and Rachel before I could even think about asking her. "Grant, you know what I mean, you're not stupid." I gave her a look and she rolled her eyes. "She's not ready yet. Her best friend, the person that has known her since middle school, her parents' best friend's kid, one of the only people on this planet she truly and deeply trust is missing, along with the person that that person loves. She has Cammie, Zach, Rachel, Abby, Townsend, Joe, Liz, and me to worry about, eight people she's worried about eight people. She simply has too much going on to even think of an answer to that question. Not only that but she's going need to talk about her decision with her best friends, all of her best friends. So my answer to your question is not now.". I smiled "Does that mean it's a yes for the future?". "Yes. But let me remind you of something, " she grabbed me by the collar of my shirt ."I will kill you in two seconds if you hurt her again. I will come after you along with Cammie, Rachel, Mr. and Mrs. Baxter, Joe, and Liz. Believe it or not she hits really hard. If you hurt Bex, I will tear your heart out of your chest and feed it to my father's dog. That'd would be too cruel of a thing to do to Pepper, I'll just put a large knife through your heart. So do not hurt her again. And trust me you do not want to see where Bex comes from. They'd snap your neck. Anyway, if you would excuse me, I have to give a speech in Ms. Dabney's class. By the way, talk to Bex, I heard her in a pretty heated conversation with Mr. Solomon. I think she wants him to act like a normal person so Mrs. Morgan will worry about him and not Cammie." She said as she finally released my collar. She walked away from me. I throat hurt, like really bad. And the guys at Blackthorn wondered why I was scared I would die at the hands of a Gallagher Girl. With every passing girl I would hear awes or whispers. I was heading towards Bex. I saw her slip things out of girls pockets. "Hello British Bombshell." I said smiling at her. "Why hello I. L."she replied. I. L. stand for infinite love. I dragged her to an extra car and got in. "Taking me hostage, huh?" she asked. I smiled "So you know how I told you I live in a small town, right?" I asked. She nodded. I stayed silent until we got to the house. "This is my home." I said. She smiled as she looked around. Then her smile faded. Especially as she saw Josh. "Hey Josh." I waved at my neighbor with a smile. "Who's that there with you, Grant?" He asked. "Well this is the wonderful Rebecca Baxter. But I call her Bex. Bex this is Josh Abrams." I said. "I know who he is, he dated a friend of mine during sophomore year. Hi Josh. How nice to see you again." she said with the least bit of anger. "You're her friend? How is she?" he asked. Bex rolled her eyes and pushed me in the house. "You live next to Josh Abrams? The Josh Abrams that was Cammie's first love? The Josh Abrams that tried to ruin our sophomore final? The Josh Abrams who Cammie was getting over when she met Zach? The Josh Abrams that broke Cammie's heart?" I nodded. "You can't live next to him! He is a person of the past and shall be left in the past." Once she was calm she explained everything that happened between them. We were cuddling when she said "We're going to find them, right?". "I'll make sure of it.". She started kissing me. We made out for a while. I was taking off her shirt when, she said "I'm not ready for this, Grant. Although I would love to, just not right now. Plus I promised my parents I would wait until after marriage.". I smiled at her, the sun was in her eyes making them sparkle and her squint. She was on top of me. "Afraid of what your parents will think?" I asked with Zach's smirk on my face. "No afraid of what they'll do to you. I don't have a death sentence on you. Wipe that smirk of your face, Cammie may put up with it, I don't!" smiled at me as she talked. She was a true Egyptian goddess.she was absolutely stunning. "You know all you have to do is say the word."I said looking into her beautiful eyes. Searching the sign but was unseccesful. She gave me this look. "Say the word and I'll ask, I'll marry you.". She got up and began putting her heels on. "We're leaving for L. A. as soon as possible when we get back to school. Let's get going." She said leaving the room.