Chapter 1: Reminisce

TRENT'S POV

"Are you ready guys?" I asked my bandmates - Will, Jayden and Julian.

"As ever I'll be." Jayden answered.

"Oh please! I was born ready!" Will replied cockily as he adjusted his snapback.

We went to the stage and all of the girls' squealing and shouting for our names filled my ears, the bright lights flashing everywhere from their phones and cameras. So much energy everywhere.

The performance was great as usual. After the meet and greet, we headed back to the hotel that we're staying at to get some good night's rest because we still have another gig tomorrow which will be in Cairns.

I can't sleep so I decided to chill by the terrace, letting the wind caress my skin.

"Can't sleep?" Will said and I nodded while gazing at the view of the city. He sat down on the chair opposite to me.

"What about you?" I asked.

"I just finished talking to Mel on the phone. Man, I can't get her out of my head. I know it sounds so girly but… yeah. I think I'm in love with her." Will said.

"I think you should pursue her and your feelings for her." I said. "True love only comes once to us."

Will laughed, "Wow, deep words from a very tall guy." He said.

"But you know it's true." I shot back, my left eyebrow raised. "Trust me, I've been there before."

His eyebrows furrowed, "What do you mean?" He asked. I was about to answer when Jayden and Julian came into our room, each of them carrying a pillow and they're both in their pyjamas.

"Sorry guys. We can't sleep too." Julian said.

"That's alright. Will and I are just having a chat here." I said.

"So back to what you were saying Trent… What do you mean?" Will asked.

"As much as I want to tell you, it's a long story." I responded.

"Ooh! Storytime!" Jayden said happily as he plonked himself onto the beanbag nearby the glass sliding door while Julian lied on the floor while scratching his tummy.

"We've got all night Trentos." Will said.

I sighed and looked away, trying to reminisce the moments that I had with her. From the day it all started to the one where it all ended.

----------- FEBRUARY 2007 --------------

"Hey Trent!" Marc, my best friend greeted me.

"Hey man! What's up? How did your vacation in Bali go?" I asked as we did a brotherly hug.

"Oh, it went really well! By the way, did you ask  Georgina out yet?" He asked.

"Marc, how many times do I have to tell you that I'm not interested in her? And besides, I have other plans." I replied as we walked to the place where we usually hang out with our other friends named Billy, Bonnie, Sam, and Jake.

"Like what?"

"Like my dream of becoming a famous singer."

"Dude, you don't know what you're missing out on life."

A few seconds later, Sam arrived together with Jake. "I swear, this year is gonna be the most amazing year of my entire life." Sam said, her green eyes twinkling with delight.

"Yeah yeah, you always say that then change your perspective halfway through the year." Jake said plainly, his black hair done in spikes.

"Ah shut up Jake!" She said and Jake chuckled then pinched both of her cheeks.

"Oh lovebirds." I said.

"Excuse me?!" Sam said and a cocky smile formed on Jake's lips as he put his arm around her.

"It's okay Sam. You can admit that you've got hots for me." He said which resulted for him to be elbowed by her on his stomach.

Marc and I both laughed at them and then Billy came next.

"Wow, you're on time today!" Sam said to Billy.

"Now come on, don't jinx it. Or I might wake up late next day." Billy said.

"You always wake up late." Bonnie, his fraternal twin said. Billy has a black hair, chinky brown eyes and tanned complexion while Bonnie has long brown curly hair, big cheerful brown eyes and pinkish white complexion. They're both part-Asian but Bonnie seemed to get all of her features from their British father.

"Whatever." Billy said then he turned to me. "Trent, have you heard?"

"Heard what?" I asked.

"There's a new girl in our school. I saw her walk past a while ago and dude, she's pretty attractive." He said.

"God, here we go again. You're such a perve!" I said.

"Man, I'm not saying that I would date her. I mean, maybe YOU'RE the one who should."

"Maybe you all should leave me and my current status alone. C'mon! I don't need a girlfriend at the moment." I said. "And besides, I don't even know this girl! Why would I ask her out?! I'm not even interested!"

"Dude!" Marc said as he tapped my shoulder.

"What?" I said, quite annoyed and he pointed to the girl with long blonde hair, brown eyes, blood red lips and caramel skin.

"She's the girl that I was talking about a while ago." Billy whispered to me. The girl looked around while holding a piece of paper and judging from her facial expression, she looked a bit confused which bothered me a little bit.

"Ooh, looks like she's lost. Time to make your move there, mate." Jake said as he nudged me. Since I can't resist the people who are in need of help, I walked towards the girl.

"Um… Hey, you seemed to be lost. How can I help you?" I said.

She sighed in relief, "Oh… I just need to find where Room E4 is." She said. I got her timetable from her and found out that we're together almost in every subject that I have for this year.

"Oh, no worries. I can show you where it is. It's where my first class is too." I said then gave her back the timetable.

"Thank you." She replied. "I've been walking around here for the past ten minutes but I can't find my room. The hallways all looked the same. It's so confusing!"

I chuckled, "You'll get used to it eventually." I said. "By the way, I'm Trent."

"I'm Chantel." She answered with a beautiful smile and it was the most beautiful smile that I've ever seen in my entire life.