Chapter 6: Voiceless

TRENT'S POV

While I was thinking of Chantel, I didn't realise that I had fallen asleep during the trip which resulted for me to dream of that horrible day...

The day when it all ended.

*_*

The rain started to pour down on us as both of our tears did flow out of our own eyes.

"Chantel, you told me from the very beginning that we have nothing to do with their past! Why are you suddenly giving up on what we had just because of that?!" I asked her but she didn't answer and just continued crying in front of me. I held both of her hands, "Chantel, I love you very much. Please don't do this to our relationship." I pleaded.

She tried to smile through her tears and said, "Take care of yourself Trent. Until we meet again. I love you very much too." And then her hands both slipped off from mine and she took her chance to leave.

"CHANTEL!" I yelled.

*_*

"CHANTEL!" I said and sprang out of my seat. My head hit the base of the bag compartment. Talk about tall person problems. "Ow!!!" And that even made me look like a complete idiot when I noticed how many people in the plane were staring at me. I immediately sat back down on my seat. Luckily, Jayden and Julian were asleep because if they saw that then I'd never hear the end of their teasing.

Will removed both of his earphones, "Yo dude, what's going on? Are you okay?" He asked.

"Just had a bad dream, that's all." I said while rubbing the back of my head.

"Is it about Chantel?" He asked but I chose not to answer it. He chuckled, "Well... duh?! Of course it's about her." He said.

"Are we there yet?" Jayden asked when he woke up.

"Not yet Jayden." I said.

"Now that we're here, I think it's best if you continue telling us your story, you know to kill the time." Will said.

"Ooh... Story! Wait..." Jayden said like a five-year old kid then turned to Julian and started shaking him. "Julian, wake up! Trent's gonna tell us his story!" Julian removed his sunglasses and glared at him then yawned and looked at me.

"I'm listening." He said to me with a grin.

"What happened next?" Will asked.

***

After that day, Chantel and I remained as friends. The musical that I luckily got into is gonna start next week so the rehearsals for it became frequent and more intense. I was in the middle of singing a line to Nikki, my leading lady, when suddenly my voice cracked. I paid no attention to it and hit the high note of the song but I ended up straining my voice. The music stopped and Mr. Drew walked towards me.

"It's alright Trent, we can continue this tomorrow." He said.

I shook my head and said, "No, we have to rehearse this." And we all got shocked when we heard my voice. My voice has gone hoarse and if I speak even more, I'll totally lose it before this day ends.

"Oh my God Trent. You should rest your voice." Nikki said. "It will be worse if we continue with this."

"No, I can still do it." I said.

"I won't allow it Trent. I know we all want to make this musical perfect but with your voice's condition right now, I don't think you can do it right now. Rest your voice and we'll see if it improves the next day." He said and then the bell rang.