Chapter 4: Dinner

TRENT'S POV

I opened my eyes again and looked at the cars below that looked like Lego pieces.

"What happened after you realised that you have feelings for Chantel?" Julian asked me.

"At first, I still couldn't believe it. Like, wow. I'm having special feelings for a girl and this time, for real!" I said with a wide smile.

***

I went to school the next day and noticed that the students were crowding around the bulletin board.

"TRENT! TRENT! TRENT!" Chantel called out to me happily.

"What?" I asked her. She didn't say anything and just pulled me towards the bulletin board. Confused, I looked at the bulletin board and my eyes nearly popped out of their sockets as soon as I saw my name under the cast and even more when I found out that I'm gonna be 'Troy'.

"Oh my God!" I said in surprise. "Oh my God! I MADE IT!" I looked at Chantel and she was smiling at me.

"CHANTEL, I MADE IT!!!" I said in joy.

"YES! I KNOW! I'M SO PROUD OF YOU!!!" She said then instinctively, we both hugged each other.

***

"Ah yes, the instinctive hug!" Will said while wriggling his eyebrows at me.

Jayden laughed, "'Instinctively'? Or 'Intentionally'?" He asked me while doing the quotation marks with his fingers.

"Probably more of the second one." Julian said while smiling cheekily. I blushed and laughed with them.

"You guys are crazy." I said then looked at the time in my phone. "I think we should all go to sleep now. It's getting late."

"Aww... what?! Not fair!" Jayden protested.

"C'mon dude! It's still early." Will said

"One more 'chapter' of your story, please?" Julian pleaded.

"PRETTY PLEASE???" They all said to me while giving me their puppy eyes. I rolled my eyes and leaned on the back of my chair, "Fine." I replied.

***

When recess time came, I went to the cafeteria to buy some snacks for me. Suddenly, Jake ran up to me while I was waiting for the line to move up.

"TRENT!!!" He said frantically.

"Hey Jake, what's up?" I asked.

"It's Chantel!" He said. "She's being harassed by Olivia again!"

Without further ado, I quickly walked to where the fight was and I saw Olivia pushed Chantel to the ground and threw food towards her.

"STOP!" I said then took off my jacket and put it around Chantel as I hugged her protectively. "STOP IT!!!"

Just then, Mr. Williams, the head of the Discipline in our school came. Thank heavens.

"What is going on here?!" He asked.

"Sir, Olivia was harassing a student just before you came. She even threw food at her." I explained in a stern voice.

"Sir, that's not true!" Olivia denied it. "And besides, what are you on about Trent? You don't even have a proof for that!"

"Oh really? Then can you explain why Chantel looks like this right now?!" I said as I pointed to Chantel who was then covered in mess while sobbing. Olivia was dumbstruck. She didn't know what to say and I feel a small victory smile forming on my lips but I quickly wiped it away as soon as Mr. Williams spoke up.