Chapter 2: Start of Something New

TRENT'S POV

As soon as the siren went off, we walked together to Room E4 with my friends. I introduced her to them as well before the siren went off and I'd say that Chantel became best friends with Sam and Bonnie immediately.

"Do you like it here in your new school?" I asked.

"I don't know yet. It's just my first day here so I can't really say anything for myself." She said then we both entered the room.

"Sit with me." I said and so she did.

"What about you? Do you like it here in your school?" She asked.

"Well, I'd say it's alright." I answered. "I'm planning to finish Year 12 then go out there and fulfill my dream of becoming a famous singer."

"Wow... You have to let me hear you sing some other time." She said and we both laughed.

"And I thought you're not interested?" Marc chimed in from behind and I glared at him as if to say 'shut up' towards him mentally.

"What are you going to do after you finish year 12?" I asked Chantel.

"I'll go to uni and take Dentistry. It's what I've been dreaming of since I was in year eight then maybe I could get a year of working experience then use the money that I earned to do a masters degree." She replied. I'm amazed, this girl has also got a goal for herself... Not only just a goal but a realistic one. Unlike mine. I don't even think that I could break into the music industry.

"Wow, you must be hell smart."

"Not really. I just have the determination to do it. You know Trent, you shouldn't be just generally smart but you must have the determination too."

I smiled, amazed by how this girl speaks and thinks of life. She has a point though. If you have the brains but don't have the determination, then you're screwed for life.

***

"Wait, so you and this girl named Chantel went to the same school and became classmates?" Jayden said.

"Well, we sort of became more than classmates. We became very good friends." I answered while smiling softly.

***

Recess time came and I sat with my friends as usual in the cafeteria.

"Are you fuckin' blind?!" I heard Olivia, the bitchiest girl in the school yelled. I shot my head up and sighed, she's harassing a person again and to think that it's just the first day.

"I... I'm sorry." I heard a familiar voice. I realised that it was Chantel. Anger rushed through me and so I walked up to them.

"Oh I'll make sure you will be!" Olivia said and then she poured her energy drink over her.

"Hey Olivia, back off!" I said as I pushed her slightly.

"And as always... The prince comes to save her damsel in distress." She said sarcastically.

"What is wrong with you?! It's the first day of our school and now, you're bullying someone again!" I yelled at her.

"Look, I will do whatever I want and no one is allowed to stop me." She said with a sharp look in her eyes. "NOT EVEN YOU, MR. TRENT BELL."

"Really? Well, I'm scared." I said sarcastically. "Oh Mummy, help me! Olivia is bullying Chantel and I!!!" And everyone in the cafeteria laughed. I smirked, "Bring it on, bitch." I hissed and she frowned.

"I am not done with both of you yet!" She said and then walked off. I looked back at Chantel, "Are you alright?" I asked her and she didn't say a word and just hugged me while crying.