- Naruto x reader -

𝙄𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙖 𝙮𝙚𝙨 ?

"I'm really surprised, I had no idea you could cook." Taking another bite of what might be the best food you've ever tasted, you almost purred. "This is really delicious, how did you manage to make something like this?"

"Well, actually I didn't. You see, I have a hard time pouring cereal without spilling the milk." Naruto laughed, a sound that sent shivers up and down your spine. His laugh was contagious, causing you to giggle. "B-but anyway, I didn't want to take you out for ramen, again. So I just ordered something fancy. In any case, I'm glad you like it."

"You didn't have to do that." A slight pang of guilt hit your chest. "I could have always made something, or we could have just binged on junk food."

"No way!" Naruto dropped his bowl as he placed his hands on the small wooden table. "I can't invite you over then expect you to cook." He crossed his arms, shaking his head with conviction. "If I invite you over, it is my duty to make sure you are well fed and happy. That's my ninja way."

"Really, you've made it your ninja way, to make me happy?" Butterflies danced in your chest, making it impossible for you to not smile. "That's really sweet, but I have to warn you now, it's going to be a difficult goal, keeping me happy." You moved closer to him, placing a kiss on his cheek. "It might be wise to pick another ninja way."

Naruto had begun to blush. "Hey now, have you ever known me to take the easy way out?" After returning your kiss, Naruto nuzzled his nose into your neck and pulled you close to him. "Besides, I can't just go and change my ninja way like that. What kind of future Hokage would I be if I gave up every time things weren't going my way?"

"You've really grown up a lot Naruto. And you've done so pretty quickly." You began running your fingers in his messy blonde hair. Too busy burrowing his face into your neck to listen, Naruto didn't make any attempt to respond. "Naruto? You aren't listening to me are you?" A few seconds of silence passed. Even after tapping him on the shoulder and saying his name, he remained silent. "I thought not." Hoping to get his attention, you have his hair a little tug.

It worked, but not quite in the way you had hoped. Naruto was now sitting straight up, stiff as a board and staring at you with wide, confused eyes. "Why'd you do that?" His face even more crimson now than before, he moved away from you and began brushing through his hair with his fingers. "Geez, you can't just go pulling on a guys hair like that."

"It's not my fault you weren't listening to me." You crossed your arms, smirking at him. "I called your name you know. Even tried poking you."

He spoke, still trying to regain composure. "I was thinking. I can't hear and think at the same time. And don't give me that look, you don't understand."

"What look? I'm not giving you a look." The way he was acting was both amusing, and confusing. "I was only thinking that whatever you were thinking must have been pretty important for you to space out like that."

Laughing awkwardly, Naruto confirmed your thought. "You'd better believe it!"

"So, what were you pondering then?" You crossed your legs, placed your elbow on your knee and propped up your head with your hand.

Naruto suddenly looked extremely confident, no longer wearing his mask of blush. "Since you asked so nicely, I guess I can tell you. I was thinking how I really like you, like, a lot. I think we should probably get married. I don't have a ring or anything for you yet, but we could go pick one out sometime if you wanted to."

There was no way you had heard any of that right, you knew he didn't say what you thought he did. He was too calm, too nonchalant for him to be asking you to marry him. "What now? Say that again, I think I have fluff in my ear or something."

"Now who's not listening?" Naruto placed his hand on your cheeks, staring straight into your eyes. "I think we should get married to each other." The corner of his mouth tilted upwards into a crooked grin. "What could be better than marrying my best friend?"

Try as you might, the only thing you could force from your mouth was a strange choking sound. You couldn't even manage to nod.

"I'll just take that as a yes. I hope you don't mind, but since you can't talk, I'm just going to kiss you now." Bringing you onto his lap, Naruto held your face in his hands once again. He kissed you as if he'd been waiting a lifetime to do so. You melted into his arms, clutching to him, not wanting this moment to end. Naruto slowly lowered you to the ground without his lips ever leaving yours. Subconsciously you wrapped your arms around his neck, pulling his body down to yours. Naruto slowly ended the kiss, you'd never seen him look so happy. "Can you speak yet?"

His teasing made you blush. "Yes Naruto, I can speak." You tangled your hands in his hair and kissed him again.

"Good. Because you still have answered me." He rested his forehead on yours, smiling down at you with adoring eyes. "I don't want to be making a fool of myself if you don't love me."

A lump formed in your throat, once again making it hard to speak. "Yes I'll marry you. I love you Naruto Uzumaki, I have for a long time."

"You don't have to be all serious you know. A simple yes is all I need." He chuckled and kissed you. "I really hope you can deal with me. I did train under pervy Sage for a couple of years. So I'm actually much more perverted than I seem. Just a warning." Naruto gave you his most perverted laugh, then once again started kissing you, this time sneaking his hand under your shirt as he did. Though embarrassing, you didn't stop him. You trusted he wouldn't go too far, and even if he did you wouldn't have cared.. You liked it when he touched you, it felt right. His kisses had moved from your lips to your neck. They were slowly making their way lower and lower until they reached your chest.

"You know, after that last incident with me putting those posters all over town, I would have thought you learned your lesson. But this is obviously not accidental falling on top of each other. It's bordering foreplay." Konohamaru cleared his throat and continued. "I would have really locked the door if I were you, because this picture is much more suggestive than the first."

"Go ahead, put it everywhere." Naruto gave him a cocky grin. "Why don't you turn that picture into wedding invitations? You can pass them out for us."

"Are you crazy Naruto? Old people get married, you cant do that to me! I need you!" Konohamaru shoved Naruto off of you and hugged him like crazy. "Once you get married you wont be any fun any more. She'll be all you ever think about, you'll forget about me." He placed his hands on Naruto's shoulders and started shaking him back and forth. "Don't leave me Naruto, don't do it!"

Naruto only laughed. "I guess this is what it'll be like once we have kids huh?"

———————————————
from- Devianart
by- vampiregodesnyx