Minato x reader

Sighing quietly you walked around Konoha, you finally were able to get a day off from all the hard missions you've been doing back to back lately. You let the cool breeze ruffle up your hair a bit as you headed down towards your small river; it wasn't really yours per say but you went there so often that you just decided to claim it. You sat down on your back surrounded by the grass field and river closing your eyes taking in the serene sounds of nature. It was soon interrupted by a shadow looming over your face, heaving out another long sigh you slowly open your eyes to see a cheeky familiar blonde boy smiling down at you with your faces nearly touching.

"Namikaze..." You groaned closing your eyes once again. Don't get me wrong, you were happy to see him, but it was your day off and you were looking forward to spending the day alone before you had to go back to work tomorrow.

" N/N don't look at me like that, I like your pretty smile better" the blonde by stated

You rolled your eyes, biting the inside of your cheeks successfully hiding a blush.

" Why are you here Minato ?" you asked.

" I wanted to come hangout with you, i feel like i never get to see you anymore so i decided to come spend the day with you" he said smiling while ruffling your [h/c] locks.

You hummed in response, chuckling a little to yourself. It was ultimately true, you missed hanging out with Minato.

"Hey!" you suddenly said, " how did you find this place anyways, i found this land and claimed!" you said, pretending to act angry towards him.

He lets out a loud laugh " I followed you! For someone in the anbu your terrible at concealing your chakra."

You cross your arms, turning your head away from him and let out a little "hmph"

That causes Minato to laugh again and ruffle your hair again.

" Don't worry N/N, i won't let anyone else step onto your land', it'll be our place now," he says with a smile.

Your heart pounding in your ears, turning away from him and closing your eyes once again. Your heart continued to beat wildly as you laid there on the soft ground, thinking about Minato, Knowing that you'll always feel secure and safe whenever he was around you.

You must have been much more tired than you originally thought, you slowly begin to drift away.

timeskip

You wake up a few hours later noticing the sky has become shades of pink and orange.

'how long was I asleep for?' you thought,

You were about to get up but soon realized to arms were wrapped around you; one hand wrapped around your waist and another on your leg, his legs intertwined with your own. You decided it would be best if you didnt move, not wanting to ruin Minato's sleep.

You let out a sigh and start brushing your hands through his soft blond locks, twisting and braiding his hair as time moved along. This continues on for awhile until you start to feel Minato stir from underneath you, deciding to remove your hands from his head.

He slowly opened his eyes looking around until finally making eye contact with you.

You both disconnect your limbs from each other but still remain lying on the ground face to face.

" Good Morning," you laugh

" Morning," he smiles at you " I didn't wake you up did i ?"

" No, no" you say, " Don't worry you didn't wake me up" you tell him with reassurance.

You internally smirked and decided to tease him a little.

" Well, I mean I swear I heard someone calling my name while they were sleeping but i couldn't quite figure out who it was exactly...." you teasingly say.

Minato's face instantly turned red and you began to laugh wildly at his reaction.

" I-I said your name out loud !? Im didn't think that I would talk in my sleep!" Minato said frantically embarrassed, avoiding your eyes.

" Nice reaction Minato, although i was only teasing you." You laughed, Minato joins in with your infectious laughter. You saw a flower arms length away from you, deciding to pick it. You gently sit up Minato following in suit.

" A pretty flower " He says.

You hum in agreement, reaching your hands over to his head and putting the flower behind his ear. Removing your hands and seeing his confused face.

" You said the flower looked pretty so I decided to put it in your hair" you said smiling. You got up and started grabbing more flowers of different sizes and placing them all throughout his hair.

'He looks really cute' you thought

" Perfect!" you said, Minato only staring at you with a soft smile on his face. He still doesn't respond, you begin to get slightly disappointed thinking he doesn't like the arrangement of flowers that decorated his hair.

" If you don't like them minato i can take them out for you" you say a little disappointed.

Breaking out of his trance Minato looks at you and shakes his head, Picking a few flowers out from his head and moving towards you. You were confused at first but then realized that Minato was putting flowers in your hair too.

He chuckled softly, " I never said I didn't like them" he says looking at you now, " I just thought the flowers would look better on a pretty girl like you"

You blush, and decide tease him " Who knew the future hokage would be so cheesy"

" Hmmm.." He says with a questioning tone, causing you to look up at him.

He begins to study you, he's liked you since you've been in the academy, your beautiful eyes were so hypnotizing that he felt as if he could get lost in them forever and how could he forget about your bright infectious smile-he felt as if he could never be bored when he's around you.

He laid down on the grass again, you doing so as well, you feel his arms pull you closer to him with your face to his chest and his chin on your head. You surprisingly didn't question his actions and snuggled deeper into his chest, savoring this moment for what it is.

" I was thinking...." he starts " i decided i want to stay with you forever... not as friends nor bestfriends, i want more with you Y/N...more than just plain old lovers..."

It took you a few seconds to analyze where he was going with this, your eyes shot wide open and a heavy hot blush coated your cheeks.

''He's asking me to be his wife...' You thought

You move your head away from his chest and to his head, the tips of your noses touching another. He looks down at you with half-lidded eyes, watching and waiting for your response.

" I..I think that's a wonderful idea Minato" You smile brightly staring into his piercing blue eyes.

" I promise that one day you will be my beautiful wife," he says your faces slowly drew closer to each other, " That's a promise i wont ever break.. And would you like to know why? He says in a whisper, his breathing tickles your face signifying to you that hes getting closer.

" why Minato " you whisper back

He looks you in the eyes once more,

" Because I love you Y/N L/N" he finally whispers, passionately slamming his lips on to your own.