Neji x reader

You remembered

You are Hinata's childhood friend, When you two were playing outside in her garden when you were little, you saw a boy staring at you, he had long dark brown hair, and of course had the byakugan,as he walked past, he looked away as you noticed him.

"Hinata-san, who was that?"
You asked her, "You mean that boy that walked by?" she said playing with a ball, you nodded your head, "That was Neji" She said "Ne-ji" You said smiling at his name. But you noticed that Neji dropped something, It was a doll, you picked it up and put it in your pocket as you returned to play with Hinata

(Now back to the present :]). You were walking by the village when you spotted Neji, quickly you turned the other direction and bumped into someone. You rubbed you head and looked up to see Hinata, "Oh my I'm sorry Hinata are you okay?!" You asked in a worried tone.

"Yeah (y/n) I'm fine.." she said smiling as you helped her up. "What was the hurry?" she asked looking at you, "E-er it was nothing" you said nervously chuckling scratching the back of your head. Hinata looked to the side of you and spotted Neji, She sighed, "I don't understand why you won't ask him..." She said sighing again.

"What if he shoots me down?" You whine, "You'll never know unless you try" Hinata said taking you to Neji, "I-I'm not sure this is a good id-" Before you could finish, Hinata placed you right behind Neji, and tapped him on the shoulder.

"Onee-san, can you make it to a party at (y/n)'s" Hinata said innocently smiling, "Do I have a choice? I must guard you no matter what" He said smiling. You blushed at his smile, but quickly made it disappear before anyone could notice.

Hinata grabbed your hand and walked away to your apartment, but before you left Neji you waved bye. But of course he didn't notice. But you had to focus on decorating the, "party".

Once you and Hinata had finished, you invited very few people, Tenten, Naruto, Sakura, (After all this party was a bit too sudden). then at five, everyone came and was just chatting, Naruto talked to Hinata and Neji talked to Tenten.

Which left you with Sakura, "So (y/n), have you gotten any far with Neji?" Sakura asked smiling, "n-no" You said frowning.

"Why don't you go and make him something, like tea?" Sakura suggested, 'It's worth a try' you thought. You got up to make your favorite tea for him, (making tea won't get you very far, but it's at a good start).

Once you were finished preparing the tea, you put it on a tray and walked to the other room where Neji and Tenten were. As you approached the door handle, you heard a loud thud.

Quickly you opened the door to see what happened. You dropped the tray, making the tea set drop and shatter over your feet, painful cuts forming all around your feet that hurt like hell, blood trickling. "(y/n)! are you okay?" Hinata asked rushing to you. You shadowed your face and smiled up to her, revealing tears, "I-I'm fine, p-please excuse me" Your voice breaking as you were running out as fast as you could, making a blur of you running off.

*~*~Hinata's POV~*~*

Everyone watched as Neji pushed Tenten aside and raced after (y/n). "W-What happened?" I asked Tenten worried, "Neji slipped on this" Tenten said holding up a doll, Tenten handed me the doll as I remembered. The day Neji walked past (y/n) and I, the doll he dropped purposely for her.

*~*~(Y/N)'s POV~*~*

You ran far, FAR ahead to a tall tree and placed you face against the bark, you cried softly sliding down, placing your knees against your face. You then heard someone running towards you. You knew if it was a murderer, you wouldn't care, and would gladly allow them to kill you. You looked up to see Neji, panting.

"(y/n)?! are you okay?" he asked, "I'm fine" you say getting up, although the cuts from earlier stung, making you loose your balance and fall. Neji quickly ran to your rescue and helped you get up. "Don't push yourself!!" Neji said frustrated, "I never asked you to help me!" You said still crying, He frowned and walked up to you.

You closed your eyes knowing he was going to slap you, but instead he did something completely different, something no one had ever done to you. It was a hug, no one had ever done so, not even your deceased parents. This hug felt so warm, you hugged him back, clutching onto his shirt. "T-this is the first time, you've actually notice me, and I've always wanted to say... I love you." You say trying to hide your blush.

"I-I'm sorry for misbehaving" you say trying to smile, Neji smiled, he placed his warm hand on your cold cheek, removed your hair from your face and wiped your tears. He then slowly put his lips on your lips. "I love you (Y/N)" He said smiling, You smiled back. with a real smile on your face.

*~*~Extended ENDING~*~*

As Neji carried you back to your apartment, Everyone was sleeping. You decided to rest as well, you opened a closet and realized there was only one futon left. "I don't mind sharing" Neji said taking the futon, placing it on the floor. You lightly blushed, sleeping in Neji's arms.
Neji was not asleep though, he saw the doll and grabbed it trying not to wake you up.

"You Remembered" Neji said, knowing you were asleep and kissed your cheek, even though you were half asleep, you were happy to be with Neji

—————————————————
From- Devianart
By- fuzzynumz