Itachi x reader

━ ∘◦ ☆ ◦∘ ━

Itachi knew something was off the moment he stepped through the door. His back stiffened, feeling slightly uncomfortable at the feel of another presence in the room, a presence that did not feel like his lover. The faint chakra signature that Itachi felt was new, yet felt familiar. Itachi's guard was up as he examined the room.

He quickly spotted his lover as he stepped into the entry way. Their back was too him unaware that he had returned to them for the night before he had to leave on a new assignment. It was then he realized the faint chakra was coming from her. Itachi eyes narrowed, confused as he concentrated and realized the chakra was embedded in his lover. Itachi froze in realization, knowing there was a new life form growing inside his lover's body.

Itachi whispered her name, stunned by the result.

His lover turned to him, realizing he was home. Her eyes lit up, a smile graced her face to greet him but once she turned around, she was met with two bright, red eyes before her. She was immediately hypnotized and succumbed to sleep.

Itachi caught her in his arms. He never liked using his sharingan on her, but he needed a moment to collect his thoughts. He held her there in his arms, astounded and confused. He thought he been so careful. He knew they used protection, multiple forms. He didn't know how.... He didn't want...

Itachi's stone cold mask began to break right then and there as he picked up his lover in his arms. He took them to the couch and laid them softly down. He tried to be as gentle as he could with her but once his hands were free, there was nothing that could stop his hands from shaking ever so slightly.

Itachi admired her peaceful features and reflected on how she held his heart. She made his dark days brighter. He never thought he could deserve love after what he done. He never searched for love because of it. He was lucky enough that she found him and she was brave enough to be with him. She had pursued the relationship, she had pursued him, she dived into the darkness to find him.

He had been cold to her at first. He had been unforgiving and indifferent, but she saw beneath that to the man he was trying to hide. She saw how he avoided conflict.

How he did not kill unnecessarily. She saw him flinch in pain at the sight of dead woman and children at his feet. She knew there was secrets buried within him.

She infected his heart and his being. He came to love her and wanted to be with her, but he could not provide a life they could share.

She knew. She knew it was dangerous. She knew she couldn't be with him forever. He was living for a greater purpose, one that she could not beg him to change.

Now, as Itachi's eyes ran down to his lover's abdomen where there were evident signs of life growing, he was close to breaking his purpose to be with her and their child. Itachi felt his heart ache at the thought as tears slipped down his face. He knew he was going to leave his child fatherless.

He felt it was cruel of fate to gifted him with a child when he was to be sentenced to death by his brother. Itachi stared back into his lover's face knowing he was going to leave her a single parent, alone in this world to bear the burden of raising his child. He did not ask for this.

Itachi let out a mournful cry from his chest as he buried his face into her belly. His tears dried on her shirt, the sounds of his sobs muffled. After a few moments, the tears stopped falling and Itachi pulled himself away from her.

He felt empty and drained. His hand reached over and ran his thumb along her baby bump. He sat there in silence beside the couch, thoughtful.

Finally realizing why the chakra felt new yet familiar.

The chakra signature reminded him of his mother's. Itachi smiled faintly at that, cherishing the feeling; accepting what fate had decided to hand him.

━ ∘◦ ☆ ◦∘ ━

tumblr
naruto-scenario-plus-akatsuki