Chapter 17: Games

-------------
[Piper]

Piper wanted to laugh at Drew's reaction to seeing Nico. She also almost started laughing when she noticed that Nico seemed shocked. She didn't tell him that she invited Will over too. She felt like some sort of evil mastermind.

Will smiled awkwardly and walked over to the couch before making himself comfortable on it. "Well, what's the plan Piper?"

"I was thinking we could play some games and watch a movie! Drew ordered pizza so that should be here soon. Oh hey Drew, wanna join us? I know you and Nico aren't on the best terms but I'd like for us all to get along!" She did want Drew to feel included but she also wanted her sister to realize that Will wasn't into her. She did believe that Drew would find her true soulmate soon, maybe she'd be able to help her find her soulmate!

"Really Piper? I'd love to join! What games did you have in mind?" Drew sat next to Will on the couch while Piper and Nico sat next to each other on the floor.

Piper smiled and wrapped her arm around Nico's shoulders. "Nico suggested video games. He wants to play Call Of Duty but I said Mario Kart would be more interactive."

"You just want to play a game you know you'll win." Nico grumbled, pushing her arm away.

Will laughed. "Piper always beats me at Mario Kart but I can't say I'm any good at Call Of Duty either. Why don't we play a card game? Like war. That's all luck based so nobody has a real advantage."

"Yeah! Let's play war." Drew didn't even know how to play that game but she just agreed with whatever Will said.

"Fiiiine, but war takes a long time. Let's play a few rounds of Mario Kart first." Piper already had the controllers and wheels out.

Nico sighed. "Fine. I'll let you have your fun."

Soon enough, the four were all shouting and playing Mario Kart.

"PIPER THAT'S CHEATING!"

"NO IT'S NOT, YOU JUST SUCK. OH MY GODS DREW DID YOU JUST RED SHELL ME?!"

"All's fair in love and- NICO DI ANGELO DID YOU JUST KNOCK ME OFF THE EDGE?!"

"What was that? I can't hear you all the way from first place."

Will laughed evilly as he sent a blue shell towards Nico who was up in first place. "WHO THREW THAT BLUE SHELL!?"

Piper giggled as she zoomed past Nico. "Thanks Will! I'll remember this!" She cheered as she finished the race in first place. Nico got second place, Will got third, and Drew got fourth.

They were about to start another race but the doorbell rang. "I'll get it!" Drew announced before running to the door. The pizza was there. She payed for the pizza and brought it to the group. "Who's hungry?"

"I am! Winning sure works up an appetite." Piper said, grabbing plates and cups.

"You only won because Will helped you!"

Will laughed and pat Nico on the head. "Awww. You sound like an angry kitten!"

"So help me Solace if you touch me again I will make sure you suffer a very slow and painful death." Nico glared at the taller boy, trying to be intimidating but failing.

Piper giggled at the two before looking to see Drew's reaction. She laughed even more at how angry her sister looked. "Ok you two, quit flirting, I'm starving!" She grabbed a slice of pizza and poured everyone a cup of pepsi.

"We aren't flirting you weirdo." Nico grumbled, getting himself a slice of pizza.

Will fake frowned. "Wait, we aren't?" He asked, acting disappointed.

Nico blushed a shade that could make a tomato jealous. "O-of course we aren't!"

"Ouch, you just hurt my feelings."

"Idiot...."

-------------
[Third Person Pov]

Piper just looked between the two and sipped her pepsi while Drew watched the two in anger. This was supposed to bring her and Will together, not Will and Nico! Piper held back an evil laugh.

"Anyways! Will I heard you plan on becoming a doctor one day. You intern at the hospital right? How's that?" Drew tried her best to initiate a conversation.

"Oh, it's been fun. I just clean equipment and watch all the doctors and nurses have all the fun. They don't really let me do anything, right now I'm just shadowing a doctor and watching her interact with her patients and stuff." Will gladly talked about his interests.

Nico was surprised and began connecting dots. He was always aware of Will's soulmate tattoos but never wanted to give himself false hope. His hand reached to touch the back of his neck, where his tattoos resided. A first aid kit and a sun. They matched Will perfectly.

He began to blush again, but it was only noticed by Piper who decided to drag him into the kitchen. "Look who grew a brain and figured it out. Katie, Hazel, and I knew it from the start."

"Knew what?"

"You and Will are soulmates. Now grow a pair and ask him out already."

"Wait what-?"

Too late, Piper had already dragged Nico back into the living room. "Hey Drew, can you help me find the card decks? I forgot where they were."

Drew sighed but complied with her half sister's request. She bumped into Nico as she passed by him before walking upstairs with Piper. Nico and Will were now alone.

"So...."

"Soooo...."

"I'm sorry for kissing you at the party!" Nico blurted out.

"Wait hold on-"

"No. What I did was sudden and I bet you don't even like me and I'm sorry you are forced to hang out with me and-"

Will tried to keep up with how fast Nico was talking. "Hold on. You don't need to apologize. Sure it was sudden but I didn't push you away. Shouldn't that tell you that I didn't hate it? I was mostly just confused."

"Wait, you don't hate me?"

"Quite the opposite in fact. I also figured out a very fun fact. Nice to meet you, I'm Will Solace, your soulmate." He held out his hand for Nico to shake.

When they shook hands, they each got each other's names pasted next to their soulmate marks. Nico watched in awe as his name appeared on Will's wrist. He didn't have much time to admire it since Will suddenly pulled him into a kiss.

"FINALLY!"

-Sky