Chapter 24: Truths and Lies

-------------
[Annabeth]

She wasn't nervous at all, she knew the truth and she knew that Cecil, Travis, and Connor wouldn't lie about her answer, they may have been tricksters but even they understood the gravity of the situation.

Travis himself would put himself in her shoes so even if Connor or Cecil wanted to make it a joke she knew Travis would talk some sense into his brothers. "Okay so do I just tell you the story of what happened in the picture?"

Cecil nodded, he was the first to interrogate her. "Pretty much, I would like to know why you pinned Nico to the wall."

"He annoyed me, he made a joke about Percy and then I pinned him to the wall to scare him, it didn't work. I swear Nico's only fear is having to date a chick." She and Cecil laughed, she was glad that he also found her joke funny, she wasn't the one who usually made jokes so she was glad her was appreciated by a guy who excelled in comedy.

The interrogations went by pretty fast, the story wasn't long and all of her interrogators didn't need her to further explain anything since they believed her.

Kayla smiled. "Your story matches what Nico and Will told us, I knew you wouldn't do something like that, plus Nico doesn't seem like your type."

"That's true, I don't typically go for guys in relationships. After all I'm not Drew."

Kayla laughed. "That's true. Let's go see what we can do about her."

"Yeah, I don't want her to try this on anyone else. It would be horrible if her plan worked, especially when the victims are soulmates." Annabeth frowned, she never thought that Drew would do something like that. Piper's sister always seemed to have at least a little conscience when she did bad things.

Annabeth always thought that Drew just sought out approval, maybe she still was. Maybe Piper could help her, she didn't want Drew to be seen as a monster when all she really seemed to want was to be as good as her sister. She saw the jealous look in her eyes whenever she saw Piper with Jason, maybe she just wanted people to think she was worth just as much as her sister.

She understood how it felt to seek approval, she used to crave it from her stepmother for a ling time before her birthmother finally got the ability to gain custody of her. It was good that she was taken out of that setting when she was young, she may have ended up like Drew if she hadn't.

She didn't want anyone to feel like they needed the approval of everyone else so hopefully she could come up with a plan to help her friend's sister.

-------------
[Piper]

She hoped that nobody would think anything less of Drew but that hope wasn't very high, she knew her sister was doing some bad things. Octavian had to be pulling the strings, Drew wouldn't have come up with a plan like that on her own, she didn't want to believe that her sister was that desperate.

"Annabeth! I'm so glad Kayla was able to figure out what was going on! I'm so sorry about Drew but please go easy on her, I really do think Octavian is manipulating her or something." She hoped that the all knowing Annabeth would be on her side.

"Trust me, I think that since she is sort of weak willed due to a desire for approval, probably caused by your mother...no offense-"

"None taken."

"-I think Octavian is using her weakness to try and manipulate her, I'm not sure why he would do that but it seems plausible."

Piper sighed in relief. "I'm so glad you thought it over like that, I came up with the same conclusion...just with less fancy words."

Annabeth chuckled and sat down next to Percy, Piper was glad nothing bad happened to such a cute couple. "I don't think Drew is a bad person, just someone who needs a push in the right direction."

Most of the group nodded. "I wish I thought the same but right now I'm not so sure about her moral compass." Nico said, arms crossed.

Hazel frowned. "You're only saying that cuz she made you have to imagine kissing a girl."

Nico fake gagged. "That's like the worst thing imaginable."

Kayla grinned evilly and pretended to try and kiss Nico. "Awww come on Nico, we aren't that bad."

Will laughed as his sister chased Nico around the room, Nico finally was able to grab a pillow and throw it at Kayla, hitting her in the face. "Rude!"

"That's what you get you little she-demon."

"Hey! You're the one who will take Satans place in hell! You have no right to call me a demon."

"Sorry sorry, you're right. I wouldn't want to have to spend eternity looking at your face anyways." Nico stuck his tongue out at her.

Kayla threw a pillow at her future brother in law. "You're the one who looks like he just got attacked by bears. Do you ever wash your hair!?"

"Maybe, maybe not. At least my hair isn't bright green! It really isn't your color."

"Says the guy who only likes the color black."

"It matches everything!"

Jason groaned. "Ladies ladies, you're both pretty, now shut up and let my beautiful girlfriend speak." He gestured for Piper to continue what she was saying.

Piper cleared her throat. "Um well I was thinking I could try and get Drew to tell me what's going on, she usually confides in me despite how much she acts like she can't stand me."

"Yeah, and if all fails you can just nab her phone and I can hack it."

"That's called thievery and it's illegal Leo."

"Do you have any better ideas smart guy?" Leo huffed.

Jason crossed his arms. "Yeah, it's called- drum roll please... interrogating Octavian."

"Yeah because he will totally tell us the truth and not some lie he obviously already prepared in advance just in case he was found out." Cecil rolled his eyes as if what he said was obvious, which it kind of was.

"You forget dear brother-"

"Connor and I are very...persuasive."

Katie raised an eyebrow at her boyfriend and his brother. "I doubt you would get your answers and a morally good way."

"My dear Katie, do you have no faith in me?"

"Pretty much."

"Ouch."

-Sky