7 - Charlie

This chapter is for @ItsFakeNews I still owe you 2 more chapter and Dward one too... Xx

.............

Spinning around in a blur, Hermione had her wand out before the other person had a second to realise she had turned around. Not that the person would notice anyway, their hands were covering their eyes, tears streaming down their cheeks.

"Lavender!" She exclaimed, hurriedly stuffing her wand in her coat pocket as she realized that the other girl was crying.

 "What's wrong?" At that moment the door blasted open to a terrifying sight. Ginny Weasley-Potter was standing in the doorway, her wand out, her fists and jaw clenched, her Weasley-red hair flying around her head like a halo and a murderous look on her face. If looks could kill, Hermione doubted anyone would be alive in the hotel right now.

"That idiot Ronald has decided that his wife wasn't enough for him, and was just seen in the pool kissing some piece of plastic!!"

Sighing, Hermione wrapped an arm around Lavenders shoulders before leading her over to the sofa. She carried on comforting Lavender as Ginny paced around the apartment, arms waving wildly as she ranted about her irresponsible older brother. By the time Lavender had calmed down enough to talk, Ginny had successfully finished her rant and had made five cups of steaming hot chocolate: one each for the adults, and a mini one each for the twins. 

Once the twins had gotten their drinks and disappeared back into their room, Hermione turned to the two witches sitting on her couch, face expecting answers.

Her two sisters-in-law explained the whole story together: how Ron had been acting distant ever since Wendy had started Hogwarts, how he was telling Ginny and Harry that Wendy would never be anything like his daughter since she had a different dad, how he disappeared every Friday to go to the Leaky Cauldron and never returned until the next afternoon despite his 'drinking buddies' saying he went home early, how he had apparently been badmouthing Lavender to his friends (this came from Ginny who had just found about it when she saw Lavender). 

How, this afternoon, Ron had said he had an urgent meeting in one of the conference rooms, telling Lavender to just continue their late honeymoon until he got back. How she had gone to find him when she got a phone call from Molly Weasley saying that Charlie had just got burned pretty badly and it was unclear whether or not he was going to survive.

At this point in the story, Hermione stopped them both, confirming that Ginny had at least checked in with the Weasleys before bringing Lavender here. At this, Ginny admitted she hadn't, which was the cue for Hermione to call Lyra and Scorpius before apparating them all to St. Mungo's.

Telling the group to go to the general waiting area, Hermione asked the witch on the desk which ward Charlie was in. 

...................................................

"Molly! How is he?" 

Hermione and Charlie had become rather good friends in the weeks following her and Ron's break up. They had broken up over the Christmas holiday in Hermione's eighth year. Hermione had felt she should focus on her NEWTs and anyway, she didn't really like him that much as more than a friend. Ron hadn't been too pleased with her decision, but had respected her wishes, telling their friends and family he wanted to focus more on the Auror training he was doing. 

The next day, Lavender had arrived at the Weasleys 'as Won-Won's girlfriend' of two months. Hermione wasn't saying it wasn't a lie, but it was entirely possible as she had been in Hogwarts since September and Ron had a lot of free time on his hands as he didn't exactly have a job. As he was occupied over the New Year with his 'girlfriend'. Charlie had offered to educate her on Dragons and stand in as her new friend.

Talking of being friends with Weasleys, she had also become good friends with the rest of them since the war. She had already been pretty good friends with Ginny and as the shared a bedroom at the Burrow, they were almost as close, probably closer now she was thinking about it, as Hermione was with Harry. With George, she had sat outside his door and talked for an hour each day when he refused to come out after Fred's funeral. Eventually, he let her in one day and they had a proper conversation. From there, she went and talked to him everyday until he was ready to come in and see the rest of the Weasleys (and Potter). When the letter from Hogwarts had come, she had offered to do part-time work in the new shop he was opening in Hogsmeade, managing to work her shifts to fit in with all the NEWTs she was attempting to do.

With Percy and Bill, she had just asked them a few questions about their jobs, which had turned into a complicated conversation with each of them, with Percy about all the different Ministry jobs and what was in her best interests, and with bill, all the different curses and jinxes and what was best to use on the toerag which was Ron.

"I'm not sure dear, we haven't been able to see him yet as the healers are still trying to heal the burns."

Molly hugged her unofficially-adopted daughter before moving on to her daughter-in-law and only Biological Daughter. "Do you know what happened?" Questioned Ginny, concern spreading where anger had  been only hours before. "We're not quite sure, all we know is he was in the line of fire of a Mother Dragon"

To Hermione that sounded extremely unlikely, as just last week Charlie and her had been discussing how dangerous certain dragon burns could be on any part-human. And she had seen the dragon pens months ago. To be honest, they weren't really pens, they were just large areas of land marked out by wards visible to witches and wizards. To be standing anywhere near the nest in any type of pen, you had to have walked a couple of miles to get within 500ft. It couldn't have been a mistake.

......................

A/N: So that's it this chapter!  It's a bit jumping from time to time and place to place and I haven't checked for typos yet so Sorry! Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I'm aiming to get another one up by the end of the week, so shouldn't be too long for the next one! Love you guys!

Jess

Xx