Chapter Four : 'Or more precisely, Jake's la la land'

--Amy's POV--

"You have got to introduce me to him, Amy!" Currently, Tanya had been begging me to introduce her to the hot brother of mine. Which she just lectured me about that because I will never admit that's true. Ever. She's practically offering everything she had just get to know him, for the sake of her pathetic love life. Her words, not mine.

It's the end of the day, and I was walking to the parking lot when she- out of nowhere -tackled me to the ground. Good thing I didn't break any part of my body...

"Okay okay! Just, get off of me!" She jumped off of me and waited for me to dust off the dirt before she hugged the life out of me. Saying lots of thank you's "C-can't...b-breath..." She quickly released me and scratched her head, her cheeks tinted pink.

"Sorry...and I promise I will give you the permission to date Reece." My ears perked up at that.

"What? I don't want to date him. He's annoying. And why the heck will I need your permission?" I said it so fast it sounds like a jumble of words.

"Oh come on. I know you think he's hot, and plus, I think he likes you. Well you don't exactly need my permission, but he's my best friend and I care about him. He's like a little brother to me so I need to know who's going to be his possible girlfriend." Okay, I didn't expect that. but it was sweet for Tanya to took care of Reece like that.

Wait. Did I hear that right? She thinks he likes me. Please. A guy as hot as him likes a girl like me? That's impossible.

"I admit that he's hot, but that doesn't mean I want to date him. Not every girl are interested in him you know." I said as I continued to walk to Jake's car.

"I know that, but he's not exactly a so called bad boy. That's just his appearance." I wanted to believe that, really. But I don't want to risk my heart getting broken again. Nate's friends used to say that too. How he's not a bad boy and all that bullshit, but ended up finding him in a compromising position with another girl. That really broke my heart into pieces.

Well there's always a possibility that Reece is different. Possibly making me getting tricked again with his charms. There's always good and bad. But heck I just knew him for one day and this girl already thinking he likes me and I should date him. Nope, I think I'll pass.

A few seconds later, Jake came running up to us. I think he just had another meeting with the coach. "Hey, you ready to...?" He trailed off because he just acknowledge Tanya was standing beside me. I nudge him to get him out of his trance. I couldn't believe what Tanya did to him.

"Hi, I'm Jake." His voice was a little bit breathless as he said that. I quietly laughed at him, my shoulders shaking. Watching him acting like that was pretty fun. Tanya opened her mouth but couldn't seem manage to talk. So as a good friend that I am, I told Jake her name.

"This is Tanya Davis, also known as the best friend of your buddy over there." I pointed at the Mr. Know-It-All himself who's sitting on his car hood casually talking to his friends.

I still don't understand that he actually talked to a girl like me. Probably everyone too. I mean, he got the looks and definitely captured who knows how much girl. What's he doing talking to an awkward girl like me? I'm short and I'm not even that beautiful, I'm not special. He must be fucked up in the brain. If I have some magical powers to see his brain, I would do it. Actually, I would see every boys brain. So I can exactly know everything what they're gonna do. It's pretty creepy though.

Now, I'm still standing here as I watched my brother shamelessly and quite horribly, frankly, flirting with this girl who seemed to be in la la land. Or more precisely, Jake's la la land.